• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Westbahn WESTvorteilspreis validity with a Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk688

Will be travelling on the Westbahn this summer , and when I used it last year I was able to use my Bahncard at the time to get the discounted WESTvorteilspreis ticket. On the Westbahn site it says this ticket is valid for any railway discount card. As my Bahncard has now expired , would I be able to use my 16-25 Railcard with a discounted ticket, or would I run into problems with this during ticket checks on the train?

1681725338566.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanielB

Even within the EU it may be complicated: showing a Dutch discount product will also be near impossible (as they won't be able to read the chipcard).

duesselmartin

Established Member
European could be from Georgia to Ireland. That is very vague.
Is the reduction financially significant? If not I would not risk it, but generally I prefer ÖBB anyway :)

Bluejays

It's fine. I emailed them a couple of months ago about it and they confirmed. I used my employee discount card and my girlfriend used a 16/25 Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.