• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What’s it like at LNER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boundforglory

Looking for some genuine insight about driving for LNER.

Having followed the thread from a few years ago about the trainee recruitment run by VTEC, I realise that rail recruitment can be brutal but I have to say I really don’t care for the Virgin “brand”.

Although LNER now, am I right in thinking it’s basically the same people (i.e. in recruitment), with the same Virgin “brand” mentality? It seems incredibly difficult to get a job with LNER (even as a qualified), and I wonder what successful applicants have thought of the recruitment process and working for LNER.

I suspect I’d really struggle to buy into that Virgin “brand” wankery, so would be very pleased to hear it’s not like that now it’s “LNER”.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whhistle

On Moderation
Looking at the website and such, I'd say it's still "Virginized".
Many companies could do with a dose of Virgin, just not too much - more internal than external.

Status
Not open for further replies.