• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What are they planning to do with the Class 91s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewP

A quick thought - without the benefit of actual knowledge.

When they were being tested the 91s were put on one end of a 125 with a buffered power car on the other - would something similar with the Mk 4s and a 125 power car replacing the DVT or the 91 replacing a power car be a cheap and easy way of creating a bi-mode train?

I am sure this is one of those things that sounds easy but is really difficult in practice.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CosherB

Established Member
A quick thought - without the benefit of actual knowledge.

When they were being tested the 91s were put on one end of a 125 with a buffered power car on the other - would something similar with the Mk 4s and a 125 power car replacing the DVT or the 91 replacing a power car be a cheap and easy way of creating a bi-mode train?

I am sure this is one of those things that sounds easy but is really difficult in practice.

Discussed to death elsewhere on here.

D365

Veteran Member
I can't believe how many times we've seen this exact question during the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.