• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What happens at the 2nd stage assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMidge

Hi everyone,

I recently passed my 1st stage assessment taken on 14th October for the role of trainee train driver for Plymouth.

I have now booked on to the next stage for December and wanted to clarify what will happen on the day please.

In the email I received it said I would complete the SJE, the MMI pre interview and the MMI itself. However also attached were the same documents from the 1st stage assessment email which included a description of computerised tests which I did not complete as part of stage 1. Will we also be doing these computer tests at stage 2 or have they scrapped these now and just not updated the practice material?

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

Anyone else doing their stage 2 in December is also welcome to say hello!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi everyone,

I recently passed my 1st stage assessment taken on 14th October for the role of trainee train driver for Plymouth.

I have now booked on to the next stage for December and wanted to clarify what will happen on the day please.

In the email I received it said I would complete the SJE, the MMI pre interview and the MMI itself. However also attached were the same documents from the 1st stage assessment email which included a description of computerised tests which I did not complete as part of stage 1. Will we also be doing these computer tests at stage 2 or have they scrapped these now and just not updated the practice material?

You'll be doing the computer tests and if you pass all those then you'll do your MMI.

The computer tests are straightforward and there's nothing you can really practise for so I'd spend any time you have on your potential MMI answers. There are lots of examples of the questions you might asked here on the forum - you just need to use the search facility

Good luck!

Liam00086

Hi everyone,

Hi, congratulations on passing stage 1, stage 2 is usually the sjt, computer tests and if you pass those then you have the MMI, that’s if it’s with GWR. I asked the same question, the email they use is an old one and hasn’t been updated. Good luck on your stage 2 :)

LittleMidge

Thank you both for your replies! Yes it is with GWR, I thought the day seemed very long if we weren't to do the computer tests so that's great now I know to expect them!

I've seen alot of MMI questions on here so I shall prepare several of those to practice for the day.

This process is so nerve wrackingly exciting haha!

Liam00086

Thank you both for your replies! Yes it is with GWR, I thought the day seemed very long if we weren't to do the computer tests so that's great now I know to expect them!

I've seen alot of MMI questions on here so I shall prepare several of those to practice for the day.

This process is so nerve wrackingly exciting haha!
Yes it is, but it is worth it in the end :)

LittleMidge

Yes I have a feeling this could be the best thing to ever happen to me if I get through!

Best of Luck for your Stage 2 OZ3001!

jezzer34

i have my stage 2 for plymouth in a week. so much info on this site its helped me so much. gl all

OZ3001

Yes I have a feeling this could be the best thing to ever happen to me if I get through!

Best of Luck for your Stage 2 OZ3001!
Thank you and good look to you also.
Long way to go yet but feel a more confident now I got stage 1 out the way.
I come out from stage 1 feeling like I done ok but thought I may have been a bit slow.
Anyway on to stage 2 and see how this goes.

Markkelly

Was also at 1st stage when you were there and have my 2nd stage at the Rougemont in December. The tests are not a major concern but the interview stage with 6 scenarios are. If anyone else reading this have any tips i would be most grateful

keenbiker

I took stage one in September and back to Rougement next week for stage two. Practising mmi stuff atm using STAR but also heard that boggle is a good tool for computer test practice.
Good luck to you all!

Carrie-Cole

Hi everyone,

Hello did you happen to get the Plymouth train home and day with another female and male? Are you the one from moorland? Congratulations if it is I passed mine too... I got back to Exeter 10th Dec

LittleMidge

Hello did you happen to get the Plymouth train home and day with another female and male? Are you the one from moorland? Congratulations if it is I passed mine too... I got back to Exeter 10th Dec

Hi, yes I am! Congratulations on passing! I have booked my 2nd stage for the 11th December so I will miss you next time, which is a shame, Wednesday was a better day for me than Tuesday unfortunately. Hopefully we do well in December, now to practise the MMI questions!

Carrie-Cole

Hi, yes I am! Congratulations on passing! I have booked my 2nd stage for the 11th December so I will miss you next time, which is a shame, Wednesday was a better day for me than Tuesday unfortunately. Hopefully we do well in December, now to practise the MMI questions!

Yay!! Well done... I end up doing it on my birthday I can imagine it’s a lot harder then last time.. good luck with yours!

Chris1982

Congratulations on passing stage 1. I also passed my stage one for Plymouth trainee driver and have my stage 2 mid December. I did my stage 1 at jury’s in Exeter and stage 2 is at the rougemont. Finger crossed for everyone participating in stage 2 and any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Carrie-Cole

how did you get on at your stage two? It was so nerve wracking

Carrie-Cole

Yay well done! So did I still can’t believe how long it takes... due to workforce requirements there had been a delay in when we go for the next stage

Status
Not open for further replies.