• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What happens if the train gets cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

If you were using advance ticket?

I know that you can get moved to another first train that comes, or refund. What happens if the train is last off-peak train and you will have to wait for another good 3+ hours for another off-peak train? Don't you get moved to next one peak train that costs significantly more or refund?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cuccir

Established Member
In areas with an evening peak would a cancelled afternoon train result in someone with an off-peak ticket having to wait till after the evening peak ended? Is that what you were asking? At a guess and without rechecking the Ts&Cs I reckon that to the letter of the law that would be the case, but I can't envisage any situation in which a TOC would enforce that.
--
"If, as a result of a delay to your train, the validity of the ticket you are using expires during your journey you will still be allowed to complete that journey"

That's fine if you've already started your journey, but technically if you are about to start it then there's nothing protecting you. But once again, I would expect no TOC to make people wait and would complain extensively if they did!

Bungle73

On Moderation
In areas with an evening peak would a cancelled afternoon train result in someone with an off-peak ticket having to wait till after the evening peak ended? Is that what you were asking? At a guess and without rechecking the Ts&Cs I reckon that to the letter of the law that would be the case, but I can't envisage any situation in which a TOC would enforce that.
--
"If, as a result of a delay to your train, the validity of the ticket you are using expires during your journey you will still be allowed to complete that journey"

That's fine if you've already started your journey, but technically if you are about to start it then there's nothing protecting you. But once again, I would expect no TOC to make people wait and would complain extensively if they did!

Surely your journey has started once you've arrived at the station and purchased your ticket?

TSR :D

--

Surely your journey has started once you've arrived at the station and purchased your ticket?

Well I got bit confused after first reply which I understood clearly.

I think I've made bit of muddle in OP. What I meant was if I had advance ticket at off-peak time for £10 (an example), and there was peak advance ticket which costs £40. And so if the last off-peak train was cancelled and next off-peak train was for another 3-4 hours and next train is peak which costs significantly more.

It's already answered by first replier.

wintonian

Established Member
There is no such thing as a peak advance.

They are sold on a first come first served, gets the cheapest price.

Sent from my HTC Desire S

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you were using advance ticket?
Take the train before, or after, or a refund.
I know that you can get moved to another first train that comes, or refund.
So, you answered your own question! ;)
What happens if the train is last off-peak train and you will have to wait for another good 3+ hours for another off-peak train? Don't you get moved to next one peak train that costs significantly more or refund?
Err, is this a separate question about Off Peak tickets?

There is no such thing as an "off peak train" as such (except for the purposes of a specific Off Peak ticket, depending on the restrictions).

There are very few trains where you could say that any Off Peak ticket isn't valid on.

If your question is not about Off Peak tickets, then there is no such thing as peak or off peak. Anytime tickets are valid at any time and Advance tickets are only valid on the booked train(s) and connecting trains as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.