• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What if an Open Access Operator ceases to trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjchapma

Following on from the Hull Trains service being dessimated this week. Does anyone know what happens if an Advance ticket for an OAO, or an open ticket for a OAO Only is purchased and the Operator ceases to trade before travel, what are the options for the passenger?

Clearly there are protections if bought by credit or debit card (with differing rules) or if the passenger has travel insurance. What does the industry offer?

I raise the question as HT Cancelled everything today, and they cannot continue to trade as a going concern like this.

Thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rjchapma

I'd forgotten about Wrexham and Shropshire, there is a president set then.

Richard

Haywain

Veteran Member
I would say that the nature of the National Rail ticketing and revenue distribution system means that you would be entitled to a refund from the original retailer as per the National Rail Conditions of Travel. The only potential difficulty with this would be if the ticket had been purchased from the open access operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.