• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is the best HST Livery in N?

Best N-Gauge HST Livery

• BR Blue

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Intercity Executive (1 Rake already completed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intercity Swallow (Soon to be re-released)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Great Western Merlin

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Virgin Cross Country

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Midland Mainline (Stag)

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • GNER

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • First Great Western (Barbie)

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucaZone

Ive almost completed creating a full Intercity Exec HST, and im looking to invest in another. At the moment im hedging towards a Virgin XC rake as these will become quite pricing in the near future I think.

But what do other peeps think, is there a better livery worth investing in :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

Id wait a bit, bachmann are bringing out a revised hst later this year all being well, with new motor and power car!

The 158 Man

If you wait long enough, Bachmann might re-release some of the older liveries (Virgin XC etc) with their newly re-motored power car, as they're doing with the INTERCITY Swallow version.

If you have the patience, you might get lucky. :|

H

HR2

GNER is a horibobble livery. Dark blue makes 'em look like hearses and as for ORANGE doors...yeeeuk. I was always told that orange was a an unlucky colour so that is a no-no. Apart from the livery GNER is a good firm IME. I have never had any complaints while travelling with them.

Guinness

Established Member
HR2 said:

He's referring to the original Midland Mainline Liverly which was the Light Green colour with the logo been a Deer and soon became known as Bambi.

Angus

HR2 said:
GNER is a horibobble livery. Dark blue makes 'em look like hearses and as for ORANGE doors...yeeeuk. I was always told that orange was a an unlucky colour so that is a no-no. Apart from the livery GNER is a good firm IME. I have never had any complaints while travelling with them.

GNER don't have orange doors (or they didn't last time I looked) - they're red. Although I agree that it looked better without them but it's illegal to have doors the same colour as the rest of the train now as it upsets people with bad eyesight.

devon_metro

Established Member
Angus said:
but it's illegal to have doors the same colour as the rest of the train now as it upsets people with bad eyesight.

What is the world coming to...

How many people with bad eyesight get upset if the door is not clear. If tehy have any sence then ask the Guard or station staff!

evil_hippo

I don't think you can prioritise the prettyness of a train above making it easy for the visually impaired to find the doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.