• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is the railway doing well currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parjon

That’s always the way though. People are always happier to criticise or complain about things in life but a little more reserved when it comes to praise. That’s how I see it anyway.
That may be so, but in specific search of anything about the passenger service to praise, I find nothing. It's poor.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
And yet they are striking again on Thursday. Let's face it you cannot rely on the service to be there when you need it.

That was a long time ago though & I can only presume they’ve gone 3-4 years now without any pay deal too. First time that they’ve joined us in the current dispute.

Runningaround

That’s always the way though. People are always happier to criticise or complain about things in life but a little more reserved when it comes to praise. That’s how I see it anyway.
You want to give praise for when the railway occasionally does what its supposed to do. Having a train turning up on time with a seat available and timetable you can rely on isn't something ''it's doing well'' but what its paid to do but isn't.
I'll praise it when it goes beyond that.

The railway is doing well for;
Bus firms with coaches on hire for RRB
Taxi firms who don't have to hang around town centres at kicking out time can now earn a days takings from transporting rail passengers.
Petrol Stations after a fear of decreased leisure use of cars with the price increases, the car is now the only way you'll get into work.
Basically anything that earns from car use and ownership.

Anglia Railways are employing lots of platform staff and keeping the unemployment figures down.Not sure they are of any other use.

Status
Not open for further replies.