• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is this modern pop song? I'm sure I've heard it before can't even think who it is!

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

This was the opening song sung live at Twickenham for the Ladies Six Nations England vs Ireland, Can't think who it is or what it's called and it's bugging me! I've tried Shazam over my speakers but doesn't recognise it (more likely can't pick it up) and going a google to see if there's a list of what was on but there's no reference at all, only to the Sophie Ellis-Bextor half time show (which was very good!) I did get this opening on my phone, I have uploaded it unlisted so here's the link

Any help really would be appreciated to stop this driving me up the wall :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
According to the title of the video, the song is called 20240420 140144!

nw1

Established Member
Don't recognise it, and I'm normally quite good at recognising music from the late 20th century.

It doesn't really sound 90s to me. Sounds more 21st century but I might be wrong.

JamesT

Established Member
I'm not recognising it either. Can't quite make out what she's singing which would normally be my goto for identifying a song, stick lyrics into a search engine and see what comes back.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
The title is the file name of the video straight from the phone, as its unlisted on YouTube with the aim of chucking it on here just so someone can listen to what it is

I swear I've heard this before, I'm convinced it's post 2000, even maybe 2010, but yes I couldn't make out any words, only the Ooohhhh! Bits which won't work on Google annoyingly :lol:

I tried to watch the match on BBC iPlayer thinking I could probably hear it better, but alas they play it in the background on volume level 2 and waffle over it, don't even mention who it is so I assume singer is just covering it and isn't anyone major...who knows!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I tried to watch the match on BBC iPlayer thinking I could probably hear it better, but alas they play it in the background on volume level 2 and waffle over it, don't even mention who it is so I assume singer is just covering it and isn't anyone major...who knows!
Put the subtitles on - half the time they say what the title of any music is...

4COR

Motherland by Kelli-Leigh.

(It's the Women's 6 Nations Anthem)

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Ahhh!!! Thank you very much saved that on YouTube, didn't realise it's her from Jax Jones I got You, a known artist just not the track, probably something else from Kelli I've heard sounding a bit similar, still it was an earworm now I can actually add it to my favorites, thank you!