• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What is your favorite train simulator?

What is your preferred train simulator?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
Having never really got the hang of BVE I have to say nothing beats MSTS. I have been creating routes for it for the last 3 years I know it crashes from time to time but to me sitting in a cab gets boring but in MSTS you can try many other views. Having creating many Colorado Narrow Gauge routes which had all closed by the 1950's MSTS is the best way to re-create them and it can gives a glimpse of what the real line must have been like.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harold

Coxster said:
I'd also like to add that when it comes to steam, MSTS is better as you have cylinder cocks, proper regulator, running break, ability to be fireman etc, something that BVE lacks!

ok, so BVE lacks of detail of steam, what if your not into steam and your more into modernised trains in MSTS and you want to be more advanced? you can't as MSTS is basic, BVE is more realistic, although it's a CABVIEW simulator it gives you a better experience as it looks realistic as if you were in a cab of a real train.

Harold

Jonathan said:
I have been creating routes for it for the last 3 years I know it crashes from time to time but to me sitting in a cab gets boring but in MSTS you can try many other views. Having creating many Colorado Narrow Gauge routes which had all closed by the 1950's MSTS is the best way to re-create them and it can gives a glimpse of what the real line must have been like.

I would agree with you on that 1, as i admit on msts, i hardly use the cabview view, i use the view of the train, and to do that is very good. To be able to request permision to pass a red signal is good as well, and to be able to create routes is also good.

but I would say that "Nothing beats MSTS"

Harold

Nick

I've always said it depends on what you want your train simulator to simulate. I for one like to play with Steam trains back in the day on routes like say Woodhead or SVR.

For modern stuff, it just bores me when driving on msts (apart from the 156 and 170 ironically!) For modern trains...bve is far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.