• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What on earth is a Wright 'Floline'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strathclyder

Established Member
The Volvo replacement for the B10BLE was initially the B7L chassis which was in a vertical layout which created an almost toilet cubicle look to the back end of the Wright bodywork, not sure how it looked with other bodybuilders, the only other B7L I can think of off the top of me head was BX03OVZ with Hispano bodywork. The B7L was replaced by the B7RLE which did sell in a much more numerous volume than the B7L did.
First Glasgow took 10 tri-axle deckers with the B7L underneath in late 2002. The bodies were low-height East Lancs Nordics (similar in style to the Lolyne & Vyking) intended for the long No.66 route (Mountblow - East Kilbride (Calderwood); this route was renumbered the 6 in May 2013) which passes under the low railway bridge at Busby station. They weren't bought outright, but leased, and thus were withdrawn and sold in late 2011; their post-Glasgow careers are of course well-documented.

Contrary to what the Nordic's Wikipedia article states, the 25 E500s First bought for Glasgow in 2009 didn't directly replace the Nordics and there is picture evidence of both types working alongside each other during that brief period (2009-2011).

(both linked photos copyright of Donald MacRae)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Statto

Established Member
Why did WrightBus give different names to the vehicles depending on the chassis they were built on? it was really confusing. The only ones i really knew were the Cadet & Commander and that's because my local operator Arriva had them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markk1990

Why did WrightBus give different names to the vehicles depending on the chassis they were built on? it was really confusing. The only ones i really knew were the Cadet & Commander and that's because my local operator Arriva had them.

I’d imagine given their small bodywork range (only low floor mid-full singles) they want to show how flexible they were with all chassis options, considering how relatively new they were considering their comparisons.

Now of course there is no requirement as either their offerings are integral or they offer a different range of bodywork styles so naming them per chassis isn’t needed.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Newport Bus had a number of them, a small number lasted into late 2018 (early 2019?) and were occasionally used on service work even though they weren't PSVAR compliant;

Status
Not open for further replies.