• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what sort of length of time before chasing up feedback from opc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonbaz

went and done my 1st stage on Mon 14th, thought i done all right to be honest but 7 days later i found out that i fluffed it. i sent an email to first group resourcing and later to the opc asking for more feedback from my results. so my query is that the email from first stated that i should leave 4-6 weeks before i start chasing up feedback or should i start chasing up earlier and are emails better or should i personally phone them.
p.s congrats to all those that passed on the day.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mr Rottweiler

went and done my 1st stage on Mon 14th, thought i done all right to be honest but 7 days later i found out that i fluffed it. i sent an email to first group resourcing and later to the opc asking for more feedback from my results. so my query is that the email from first stated that i should leave 4-6 weeks before i start chasing up feedback or should i start chasing up earlier and are emails better or should i personally phone them.

I can't see why you'd need to wait 4 - 6 weeks to request feedback. I've been in a similar boat to yourself and contacted the OPC approx. two weeks after getting the rejection email (and I only waited this long because I thought I needed to request it via the TOC and thus waited for them to get back to me). You won't get feedback initially and they will schedule in a call-back (again if I recall correctly they advised it would be approx. two weeks to receive a callback) so if you did leave it six weeks then you'd be looking at two months before you get feedback. Also worth bearing in mind the OPC only keep details of potential feedback for three months so the sooner the better if anything,

Devonbaz

i did think that 4-6 weeks was a long time, i shall bung the opc an email tomorrow and failing that after a while i will phone them to chase it up.

train_lover

I failed the DFFT in January. I requested feedback the following week but I didn't get it until March/ April. Even then the feedback was pointless. All they told me was that I had failed. I pointed out I knew I had failed hence why I was asking for feedback. Personally, it's a waste of time asking them.

What sort of feedback are you looking for? Just which tests you passed and which ones you failed?

Twotwo

The only constructive feedback they can give you is probably only the MMI and even then it's just what question you failed on and not why.

TTD85

Don’t expect to be told what exactly you’ve failed on. Although I had passed the tests already I was after the enhanced standard (which I didn’t meet) but when I rung up go say “How close was I?” I got told, “We can’t tell you that” which is quite ridiculous!

train_lover

I believe the only way to get information out of the OPC is to put a freedom of data request into them. Someone at my place did it where all the tests he took were released to him.

Cyclist

I believe the only way to get information out of the OPC is to put a freedom of data request into them. Someone at my place did it where all the tests he took were released to him.
This is precisely what I did to get feedback about the interview I failed with the OPC. They sent back a transcript of the interview and one of the questions was clearly marked "fail" so now I know what to improve on.

all I did was fill out this box: https://www.theopc.co.uk/contact/

I requested all data under the GDPR laws and they arrived within the legally required 30 days.

Devonbaz

What sort of feedback are you looking for? Just which tests you passed and which ones you failed?
yes it was just to find out which ones i failed on and which ones passed.

Don’t expect to be told what exactly you’ve failed on. Although I had passed the tests already I was after the enhanced standard (which I didn’t meet) but when I rung up go say “How close was I?” I got told, “We can’t tell you that” which is quite ridiculous!
on the day people where asking questions and the people running the tests didn't go into any details and they kept on saying "we cant go into details.

the email to first group must of done the trick as i have had my results back on which ones i failed on and which ones passed, only failed the trp1(glop) getting any sort of detailed feedback would be like wishing upon a star i think.

train_lover

As said above the only way you'll get what you want is by requesting all the information they hold on you. Under GDPR they must release to you everything they have. This will of course contain the tests you have sat. Asking them for feedback isn't going to get you what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.