• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what train was this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
Someone asked me this morning what was the train they saw going north through platform 4 at Potters Bar about 16:40 yesterday.
From their description it had top & tail locos & some carriages that they thought were possibly the Royal Train or Pullmans.
I did not see it myself so not sure - does anyone have the answer?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fsmr

If it looked like this then that was the Royal Train.

If like this then that is the Orient Express pullmans, or it could have been the Northern Belle - those are your most likely suspects. If it was one of the latter two then I might be able to find out more later.

Just posted my sighting today at Oakham of the Royal train top and tailed so it probably was on its way to be used today for the run up to Nottingham unless the queen was on board overnight somewhere if that happens. Cant see her sleeping on board myself though

Last edited:

Established Member
Have now had the chance to do a bit of "digging" and suspect that it was the Royal Train your friend saw; should have had a royal claret livery 67 on one end and the silver "diamond jubilee" 67 on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.