• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What was the steam train passing through York today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyd

Hi everyone,
I was at York station today printing out my pre-bought tickets for a trip next week, when I noticed a large crowd of people standing with cameras on the bridge and along platforms 9 and 10, as if awaiting a railtour or some kind of special train. Sure enough, a few minutes later a large black steam locomotive came through on the Up line.
I'm just curious, wondering if anyone happens to know what it was: a railtour, or perhaps something being moved from the National Railway Museum? I've looked on http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/ but it doesn't appear to be on there. :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

emilyd

Tangmere is green, not black by the way, though at 16:45 it may have looked a bit darker. :|

I know; I've seen photos of it now. Just that the front is black and I only saw it for a few moments as it came past. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.