• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What will happen to the Pacers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yummy125

I must get myself on a Pacer next year. Do they have any "clag" when changing gear. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Given the micro management that they are criticised for, I think that this would be far too prescriptive.

Really, its not for them to decide.

I think there were more complaints with how the TPE 158 cascade was handled, compared to the LM 150 cascade with the LM 150 cascade having more DfT involvement.

tbtc

Veteran Member
I think there were more complaints with how the TPE 158 cascade was handled, compared to the LM 150 cascade with the LM 150 cascade having more DfT involvement.

But I can't see the DfT specifying how many units (of any class) should be withdrawn - that would be a commercial decision between TOCs and the ROSCOs.

This is why I wouldn't expect the DfT to stated (say) "10 Pacers will be withdrawn", I don't think that would be in their remit.

pemma

Veteran Member
But I can't see the DfT specifying how many units (of any class) should be withdrawn - that would be a commercial decision between TOCs and the ROSCOs.

This is why I wouldn't expect the DfT to stated (say) "10 Pacers will be withdrawn", I don't think that would be in their remit.

DfT said the 7 x FGW 142s would return to Northern if they proved they had a good case for needing them, otherwise they'd go in to storage. As these are being replaced by a larger number of 150s at FGW, what's the difference between that and what may happen when 319s arrive at Northern to provide extra capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.