• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What would be the best camera for trainspotting?

Zander trains

I have been looking for a good camera for taking high quality videos for my yt channel and am looking for one that is under £700. Does anyone have any recommendations?
My current camera is my iPhone 14 but I am looking for an upgrade
One that has good zoom to would be ideal.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I currently use a Panasonic HC-V180 that sells for £190 at Curry's. It is 1080p, but has high-quality zoom up to 90x optically, and 500x digitally.There is one little thing about it is the format it records in though - if exported to an editing app, random lines appear on video. This can be stopped by changing the video format in the settings to MP4.

Zander trains

I currently use a Panasonic HC-V180 that sells for £190 at Curry's. It is 1080p, but has high-quality zoom up to 90x optically, and 500x digitally.There is one little thing about it is the format it records in though - if exported to an editing app, random lines appear on video. This can be stopped by changing the video format in the settings to MP4.
Seems pretty good, especially with that zoom and price I will definitely consider it.