• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What would be your dream train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Tait

As the title suggests, I was wondering what people's dream/fantasy train would be.
Mine would be a 2EPB top and tailed by deltics being absolutely thrashd up the ECML.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

6Gman

Established Member
As the title suggests, I was wondering what people's dream/fantasy train would be.
Mine would be a 2EPB top and tailed by deltics being absolutely thrashd up the ECML.

Wouldn't a 2-coach train top-n-tailed by locos have a rather low maximum speed?

Meerkat

Established Member
Anything fast, smooth, and with a big comfy reclining armchair in a compartment just for me and anyone travelling with me.
And a waitress bringing me fine food and drink.
Oh and with big windows plus a big telly showing the forward facing camera feed (that cuts off if the driver hits emergency braking!)

Gosh I miss having HSTs on the mainline. I'd be perfectly content with a trip from Cardiff to Paddington, with a buffet car and a first class carriage to myself.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
Some shiny 37's top and tailing the longest possible formation of mark III's so I can have some fresh air out of the drop lights, with one coach that didn't have any seats but a well stocked bar to include draught and dimmed lights and music and a pub atmosphere and another full coach for dining with good food and drinks with a decent menu choice and sensible prices then the rest of the coaches some decent comfortable seats to rest or sleep it all off.

Status
Not open for further replies.