• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What would you like to hear from Boris Johnson's announcement on Sunday evening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty133

Established Member
Barbers can move to a system of appointments. Female hairdressers have done for years.

It's long wound me up that wasting half an hour sitting and waiting is a mostly mandatory part of a male haircut.
I suppose the issue in terms of appointments at barbers is the reduction in capacity (both in terms of having to slightly overestimate the time needed for each haircut to prevent getting behind and in the fact that barbers are unlikely to kick the queue out at closing time). When they eventually reopen I can't see how my barber will get through all of her clients without working 12 hour days 7 days a week, as she already works 11 hours some days (and is quite often more than an hour late leaving on top of this due to the queue at closing time) and in addition to the capacity that'll be lost in having to use appointments and regularly sanitising equipment she's also lost the other full time barber in the shop to maternity leave.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bramling

Veteran Member
Yes, it's unfortunate a convenient round number has become a dogma.

Or alternatively a saver of lives, depending on how one looks at it. There are unknowns regarding the spread, so it really isn't a bad thing to have erred on the side of caution. It may yet to be turn out to be one thing Britain did get right.

I hear what people are saying regarding reduce the guidance, however we do need to be sure the science supports doing that, not just because it happens to avoid some problems.

bramling

Veteran Member
I actually had a barber say to me the opposite, if it's a bit greasy (but not horribly so, i.e. you washed it the previous day) it's easier.

I think the general consensus is the best is if they can wash it for you then and there. That's what I do, and it's generally well received. What they hate is people who turn up and have put loads of gel or whatever on beforehand.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I think the general consensus is the best is if they can wash it for you then and there. That's what I do, and it's generally well received. What they hate is people who turn up and have put loads of gel or whatever on beforehand.

Wash it beforehand? Only time I've been offered a wash in a barber's it was after, not before the cut.

I wonder if there are regional variations going on?

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The discussion on the actual announcement is now open:

Status
Not open for further replies.