• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's an APT-P doing in Crewe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colind

Until last weekend I hadn't travelled the route between Crewe and Manchester since the 1990s and I was to say the least surprised to see an APT-P in exactly the same place place outside Crewe where I remember it last time! It didn't look too neglected, the paint was quite clean.

Does anybody know who owns it? It seems a shame to leave it lying around in a siding

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Until last weekend I hadn't travelled the route between Crewe and Manchester since the 1990s and I was to say the least surprised to see an APT-P in exactly the same place place outside Crewe where I remember it last time! It didn't look too neglected, the paint was quite clean.

Does anybody know who owns it? It seems a shame to leave it lying around in a siding

It's been partly restored; I believe it can at least party tilt again now. It's open all times the centre is open and contains the APT museum and a cafe in the former buffet.

Colind

Thanks for your replies, glad to see it is appreciated. Clearly it won't be another 25 years before my next visit to that part of the world!

It was looking very sorry for itself for a long time but as said above they have part restored it.
The cafe is nice and worth a visit.
Im not the type of person who stands on platforms as a rule but Crewe sort of begs you to do it. Of course it is rather boring these days as its all about the multiple units

Status
Not open for further replies.