• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's happened to Raildar.fr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esker-pades

Established Member
raildar.fr appears to have been down for at least the past month. Does anyone know what's going on with it? Does anyone have a replacement that can be used for looking up non-GB rail milages?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
raildar.fr appears to have been down for at least the past month. Does anyone know what's going on with it? Does anyone have a replacement that can be used for looking up non-GB rail milages?
Not an on-line resource, but the very detailed Schweers und Wall rail atlases give the kilometerages - to the nearest one decimal place - of all lines which are still open. Unfortunately, for the time being, only the Northern half of France is covered....North of a line roughy through Poitiers and Moulins.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I find signal.eu.org/osm/ a good alternative. It covers every rail network worldwide that is mapped on OpenStreetMaps (including some that are still under construction - so you need to watch out for that!). It might not be quite as accurate down to the last yard, but it's good enough for my purposes!

It allows you to add as many via points as you want by dragging the route.

DanielB

I've always used Brouter.de for that. After selecting the profile "Train" in the menu it will allow to draw routes that automatically follow railways and also shows the distance travelled.
Be aware to split your route in multiple parts when changing at main stations as it may find a shunting route at the station otherwise.

43 302

Established Member
I'm just about to set off on a trip to France and I just noticed that it is down. i have relied on it heavily for my mileage. Annoyingly those sites posted above only give their milages to 1/10th of a KM which isn't as accurate as I'd like. This really is a shame to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.