• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

Iskra

Established Member
Nice! I do plan to pick up 9497 at some point soon as it's a vehicle I might have had a small hand in producing (Hornby were originally due to produce a BUO by printing the guards van stuff on the side of a Mk2 TSO until I spoke to a few contacts and to Mr K and pointed him in the direction of this one). Ok, so it's not your prototypical BUO for your Euston services, than the BSO for the Fort William service, but at least it's a factually correct and faithful reproduction of a Caledonian Sleeper Mk2 than the originally proposed hotchpotch.
Ah great work! I will be looking at picking up the BUO too soon :) I agree the planned version would have been horrendous (and I wouldn't have bought it).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ted633

Surprised no one else has posted about these, but I received my Accurascale Deltic this week. What a stunning model, so much detail, some of which is rather fragile! I had some running issues initially due to the coupling jamming on reverse curves, but I've rectified that and it's settled down to be a powerful, smooth runner.

IMG_20220629_133609.jpgIMG_20220629_133740.jpg

reddragon

Established Member
Surprised no one else has posted about these, but I received my Accurascale Deltic this week. What a stunning model, so much detail, some of which is rather fragile! I had some running issues initially due to the coupling jamming on reverse curves, but I've rectified that and it's settled down to be a powerful, smooth runner.

View attachment 116892View attachment 116893
Mine arrived today, 55015 from RAILS. It has a wheel defect stopping it running properly so it needs to go back.

Ted633

Mine arrived today, 55015 from RAILS. It has a wheel defect stopping it running properly so it needs to go back.
Is it the 'wheel flat' issue or something else? Mine had the wheel flat issue and I found 2 small lumps of resin on one of the wheels. Pinged it off with small blade and it runs smoothly now.

reddragon

Established Member
Is it the 'wheel flat' issue or something else? Mine had the wheel flat issue and I found 2 small lumps of resin on one of the wheels. Pinged it off with small blade and it runs smoothly now.
Had to run it upside down & found offending invisible lump, took a few turns to ping it off! Bogie still wobbles tough.

xotGD

Established Member
While I am not a bona-fide modeller, I have had an idea to acquire some models representative of some of the freight stock on the KWVR.

First purchase - a trio of "blue spot" fish vans:

Fish.jpg

The same seller also had another example for sale, so I felt compelled to buy that one too. This one without the spot:

Fish 1.jpg

All in unused condition - unlike those at the KWVR!

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
The Accurascale Deltics look fantastic, which bodes well for the 31 which I have on order... the issues some of you are having, less so!
I'm probably on my postman's bad list after this morning, as I had three parcels for him to drop off. A pack of three Accurascale MGR hoppers; a Hornby (cough) mk1 BCK in Swallow charter livery; and last but not least an Oxford Die-cast Volkswagen minibus.

The mk1 has no place on the layout I'll be building, but I love those white roofs so I'll manage to apply rule 1 liberally... either that or loan it to my brother once he's got his larger layout sorted.

Apologies for the poor photo, I'm afraid to take the protective wraps off until I've got track to put them on.

Attachments

• 20220629_192425.jpg
    20220629_192425.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17

reddragon

Established Member
The Accurascale Deltics look fantastic, which bodes well for the 31 which I have on order... the issues some of you are having, less so!
I'm probably on my postman's bad list after this morning, as I had three parcels for him to drop off. A pack of three Accurascale MGR hoppers; a Hornby (cough) mk1 BCK in Swallow charter livery; and last but not least an Oxford Die-cast Volkswagen minibus.

The mk1 has no place on the layout I'll be building, but I love those white roofs so I'll manage to apply rule 1 liberally... either that or loan it to my brother once he's got his larger layout sorted.

Apologies for the poor photo, I'm afraid to take the protective wraps off until I've got track to put them on.
I got the Accurascale HYAs, outstanding also with lights etc

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
I initially thought you were buying 31 Deltics and then realised my mistake!
Now there's an idea... one of each, with multiple extras of 002 and 005 of course! :lol:

I got the Accurascale HYAs, outstanding also with lights etc
I've ordered pack 1 and 2 of the version in the photo. At some point I need to go through the Hornby ones I own which are currently in storage. They'll need quite the weathering job to sit alongside the new ones!

Last edited:

xotGD

Established Member
Carrying on my theme of models of the KWVR stock, I've gone bananas!

Banana.jpg

And here is the real thing - B881839 at Haworth last Sunday along side CCT E1334E:

Banana 1.jpg

One of the Blue Spot fish vans is out of shot to the right.

Edit: Just remembered that I did get a phot of a fish van at Oakworth during the Diesel Gala to compare against the models in my earlier post:

Fish 2.JPG

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

View attachment 116933

And here is the real thing - B881839 at Haworth last Sunday along side CCT E1334E:

View attachment 116934

Edit: Just remembered that I did get a phot of a fish van at Oakworth during the Diesel Gala to compare against the models in my earlier post:

View attachment 116944

That’s a lovely thing. When’s the class 25 arriving. ;)

xotGD

Established Member
That’s a lovely thing. When’s the class 25 arriving. ;)
I've got a 25 and a 37. Stored serviceable in the loft.

I have owned them since new from childhood in the 70s. Both Hornby models in blue: R.068 25247 and R.751 37130

While they don't see any use, I don't want to part with them. Hopefully the electrical components of the Rat are in better condition than those on 25059 at Haworth.

reddragon

Established Member
I've got a 25 and a 37. Stored serviceable in the loft.

I have owned them since new from childhood in the 70s. Both Hornby models in blue: R.068 25247 and R.751 37130

While they don't see any use, I don't want to part with them. Hopefully the electrical components of the Rat are in better condition than those on 25059 at Haworth.
Both easy DCC conversions and capable of twin motors too!

Iskra

Established Member

View attachment 116892View attachment 116893
That looks a stunning model. They are a great loco, but I didn't order one just because it would look a bit over-sized on my relatively small layout.

View attachment 116933

View attachment 116934

View attachment 116944
Very good! I keep hoping that someone will make the Oakworth Timothy Taylors wagon.

I've been away for a while, so a number of acquisitions had built up with the postie, who duly delivered them today :)

A pair of nuclear flask wagons- ordered long ago- to go with my DRS loco's. These wagons are really nice, they run well and come with a fantastic detailing kit including tail lamps.

thumbnail_IMG_7826.jpg

A new signal box, courtesy of The Model Centre. Sitting over the tracks, saves a little space and replaces its awkwardly sited predecessor:

thumbnail_IMG_7823.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7824.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_7822 (1).jpg

I was also able to complete a prototypical Intercity-era Fort William sleeper rake, with the new Hornby SLEP's, a Hornby MK2 Brake picked up in a sale and an old new LIMA GUV from Ebay.

thumbnail_IMG_7827.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7828.jpg

Naturally, I needed something to haul them, so a DCC Fitted 37/4 was acquired for under £100 due to Rails of Sheffield's Ebay sale:

thumbnail_IMG_7829.jpg

I also picked up a couple of bachmann lamp huts, which are die cast, surprisingly heavy, well-finished
and good quality. One will feature on the railway, the other will act as a shed for the local farmer.

thumbnail_IMG_7830.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
That looks a stunning model. They are a great loco, but I didn't order one just because it would look a bit over-sized on my relatively small layout.

Very good! I keep hoping that someone will make the Oakworth Timothy Taylors wagon.

I've been away for a while, so a number of acquisitions had built up with the postie, who duly delivered them today :)

A pair of nuclear flask wagons- ordered long ago- to go with my DRS loco's. These wagons are really nice, they run well and come with a fantastic detailing kit including tail lamps.

View attachment 117144

A new signal box, courtesy of The Model Centre. Sitting over the tracks, saves a little space and replaces its awkwardly sited predecessor:

View attachment 117145

View attachment 117147
View attachment 117149

I was also able to complete a prototypical Intercity-era Fort William sleeper rake, with the new Hornby SLEP's, a Hornby MK2 Brake picked up in a sale and an old new LIMA GUV from Ebay.

View attachment 117150

View attachment 117151

Naturally, I needed something to haul them, so a DCC Fitted 37/4 was acquired for under £100 due to Rails of Sheffield's Ebay sale:

View attachment 117152

I also picked up a couple of bachmann lamp huts, which are die cast, surprisingly heavy, well-finished
and good quality. One will feature on the railway, the other will act as a shed for the local farmer.

View attachment 117153

Some great additions there. That signalbox is really unusual, is it based on an actual prototype?

Iskra

Established Member
Some great additions there. That signalbox is really unusual, is it based on an actual prototype?
I haven't seen an exact prototype, but there is a precedent in over rail designs at Battesea Park Junction, North East Kent Junction, Charing Cross, Hexham and Pelaw to name but a few. One key difference is that all the aforementioned examples are arranged widthways across the track, rather than length ways like my example. The attraction for me is the uniqueness and space-saving on a small layout.

Last edited:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I haven't seen an exact prototype, but there is a precedent in over rail designs at Battesea Park Junction, North East Kent Junction, Charing Cross, Hexham and Pelaw to name but a few. One key difference is that all the aforementioned examples are arranged widthways across the track, rather than length ways like my example. The attraction for me is the uniqueness and space-saving on a small layout.

I really like it because it makes an interesting talking point. I also love the thought of your 37 opening up right underneath the box and vibrating the signallers kettle off the stove…

xotGD

Established Member
I am now the proud owner of an LNER Extra Long CCT...

CCT.jpg

So I can now recreate the line up at Haworth Depot pictured in my earlier post...

Banana + CCT.jpg

OK, so the CCT is a different colour, but I can live with that.

Iskra

Established Member
I am now the proud owner of an LNER Extra Long CCT...

View attachment 117168

So I can now recreate the line up at Haworth Depot pictured in my earlier post...

View attachment 117169

OK, so the CCT is a different colour, but I can live with that.
Very nice, I've been eyeing up a CCT van for a while. What's your eventual plan for your stock?

Some of my stock collection has been inspired by rides on the KWVR- I've accumulated a Jinty, Black 5, Jubilee, WD 2-8-0, Railbus, LMR Austerity, 20's, 37's, and a 101 that all feature on the KWVR :)

xotGD

Established Member
Very nice, I've been eyeing up a CCT van for a while. What's your eventual plan for your stock?

Some of my stock collection has been inspired by rides on the KWVR- I've accumulated a Jinty, Black 5, Jubilee, WD 2-8-0, Railbus, LMR Austerity, 20's, 37's, and a 101 that all feature on the KWVR :)
My stock is mostly displayed on top of a cupboard in the hallway. We'll see how long my wife is happy with this situation! The 'extra' fish van is sitting on my desk. I have one more item that should be with me soon, and a couple of others I have my eye on. I have a budget of £100 for this little project, so I should be (just about) sticking to that. I'll post a group photo once it is all assembled.

I like how you've assembled most of the KWVR locomotive and multiple unit fleet. You can operate them to match what is working up the valley on any given day. Maybe "Big Jim" or the Ivatt next? There are a few of those LNER CCTs available on ebay, but some of the asking prices seem a bit on the high side.

Iskra

Established Member
My stock is mostly displayed on top of a cupboard in the hallway. We'll see how long my wife is happy with this situation! The 'extra' fish van is sitting on my desk. I have one more item that should be with me soon, and a couple of others I have my eye on. I have a budget of £100 for this little project, so I should be (just about) sticking to that. I'll post a group photo once it is all assembled.

I like how you've assembled most of the KWVR locomotive and multiple unit fleet. You can operate them to match what is working up the valley on any given day. Maybe "Big Jim" or the Ivatt next? There are a few of those LNER CCTs available on ebay, but some of the asking prices seem a bit on the high side.
I'm looking forward to seeing the end product! :)

Big Jim is a tough one for me, as although it is an iconic KWVR locomotive, I do actually think the S160's are ugly as hell! I would like the upcoming Hornby Ivatt 2MT tender locomotive as that fits both the KWVR and Scottish themes, but it has been pushed back to 2023 already and the price...

reddragon

Established Member
The Accurascale Deltic looks the real business. When's the Class 31 coming?
Dates for everything

reddragon

Established Member
I will be looking to off load some stock in the Autumn, mainly further reducing my Lima fleet of locos & wagons, retiring some more Mainline Mk1s and maybe an odd Hornby item.

Off to eBay unless others are interested

xotGD

Established Member
Another parcel arrived for me today - a Southern Railway PMV...

PMV.jpg

Three of these are at the KWVR, including S1125S, being restored by the Vintage Carriages Trust. I don't have a comparative photo of any of these, but did get a shot of S1391S at the East Lancs on Saturday when it was part of the demonstration freight...

S1391S.JPG

I also received an unexpected piece of stock yesterday - my wife was at Haworth, and this item caught her eye in the station shop...

Lime.jpg

One more potential purchase to come...

Iskra

Established Member
Another parcel arrived for me today - a Southern Railway PMV...

View attachment 117273

Three of these are at the KWVR, including S1125S, being restored by the Vintage Carriages Trust. I don't have a comparative photo of any of these, but did get a shot of S1391S at the East Lancs on Saturday when it was part of the demonstration freight...

View attachment 117274

I also received an unexpected piece of stock yesterday - my wife was at Haworth, and this item caught her eye in the station shop...

View attachment 117275

One more potential purchase to come...
Very nice, is that a Dapol PMV?

I like the load in that plank wagon :)

BrettSy96

Girlfriend bought me this from the model centre in Whitby, lovely loco, been weathered and renumbered also. Model shop there was one of the best I’ve visited and lovely location too:D

Attachments

• F08A4D09-DF35-4D9E-8446-C61FEF047889.jpeg
    F08A4D09-DF35-4D9E-8446-C61FEF047889.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited: