• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

birchesgreen

Established Member
How do your 22s run? I’ve got a Dapol Hymek from the same era and it makes quite an unpleasant motor noise, however my Dapol Western is really smooth and makes quite a convincing thrumming noise.
The original BR green one is great, the BR blue one is ok but not as smooth. How prototypical!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ThePeakNed

Pride of my fleet currently.

31130 "Calder Hall Power Station".

DCC sound fitted with Legomanbiffo sound, weathered by SQRail.

I've gone a bit 1996(ish) with my layout. I've a Transrail 37 that's due to come back from weathering by Neville Grove too, and a Parcels livery 47 in the firing line for purchasing.

Need to actually get on with scenery however, at the minute it's just a 4' x 2' board with a very back and forth zigzag track plan.

Attachments

• PXL_20230613_144307628.jpg
    PXL_20230613_144307628.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

Established Member
The latest addition to the Dale End Lane fleet. Bachmann 150 in northen white. Whilst the layout is not 'based' in the north it is slowly going Welsh. See some 175's are available to pre-order now :D
IMG_20230626_210955.jpg

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Pride of my fleet currently.

31130 "Calder Hall Power Station".

DCC sound fitted with Legomanbiffo sound, weathered by SQRail.

I've gone a bit 1996(ish) with my layout. I've a Transrail 37 that's due to come back from weathering by Neville Grove too, and a Parcels livery 47 in the firing line for purchasing.

Need to actually get on with scenery however, at the minute it's just a 4' x 2' board with a very back and forth zigzag track plan.

Fantastic weathering on that. Especially the oil stains on the lower part of the body.

Iskra

Established Member
The latest addition to the Dale End Lane fleet. Bachmann 150 in northen white. Whilst the layout is not 'based' in the north it is slowly going Welsh. See some 175's are available to pre-order now :D
View attachment 138116
Very nice, I'd noticed Bachmann 150's had become decent value recently. You must have quite the fleet now. What other Welsh stuff have you acquired?

Can I ask please what couplings have you used on the cab ends to couple the 150 to the 158

Peter C

Established Member
Loving seeing all of the new acquisitions on here recently. I have to resist the temptation to get searching "OO gauge" on eBay... ;)

-Peter

Established Member
Very nice, I'd noticed Bachmann 150's had become decent value recently. You must have quite the fleet now. What other Welsh stuff have you acquired?
Thanks and yeah it never stops growing! For the moment the only other Welsh stock is the Mk4 set. You could also say the GWR HST and 800's as they run in south Wales. The 175's are defiantly on the list and I think a 231 was spied in one of the Hornby shows.
IMG_20221002_191329.jpg
IMG_20221002_191522.jpg
Can I ask please what couplings have you used on the cab ends to couple the 150 to the 158
The 150 comes with NEM fitted but in the accessory bag is the BSI couplings that the 158's have. Very easy to couple them but a bit of a pain to pull apart again!

Iskra

Established Member
Thanks and yeah it never stops growing! For the moment the only other Welsh stock is the Mk4 set. You could also say the GWR HST and 800's as they run in south Wales. The 175's are defiantly on the list and I think a 231 was spied in one of the Hornby shows.
View attachment 138232
View attachment 138233

The 150 comes with NEM fitted but in the accessory bag is the BSI couplings that the 158's have. Very easy to couple them but a bit of a pain to pull apart again!
That TFW rake looks great, especially the DVT, but I can't help but feel a 67 is required...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Loving seeing all of the new acquisitions on here recently. I have to resist the temptation to get searching "OO gauge" on eBay... ;)

-Peter

Do it. Do it!

My 37 arrived last week and has had a run on Moors View. It’s been given to our man with the airbrush- Roly along with the three new carriages I’ve acquired over the last few weeks for emergency weathering. Once returned it’ll be having some pipe work attached to the front. ;)

Peter C

Established Member
Do it. Do it!

My 37 arrived last week and has had a run on Moors View. It’s been given to our man with the airbrush- Roly along with the three new carriages I’ve acquired over the last few weeks for emergency weathering. Once returned it’ll be having some pipe work attached to the front. ;)
My bank balance might say otherwise... ;)
And sounds really good re. the 37 - loving 'emergency weathering'. I don't envy you fitting the pipework to the front!

'OO gauge diesel' is a saved search on my eBay :D
And rightly so! I need to get some saved searches set up I think... :lol:

-Peter

Iskra

Established Member
My first Accurascale Locomotive has arrived. First of all, I must complement the packaging, it's very sturdy and has a premium feel to it. The locomotive is brilliant- it's got a great weight to it and the Accurathrash speaker really takes the sound to the next level compared to any other locomotive I own. I've got quite a bit of work to do with it yet in terms of getting the nameplates, ploughs and parts on but even that looks better thought out than normal. Great work! Excuse the random selection of rolling stock, it looks like a diesel gala got out of hand...

thumbnail_IMG_2045.jpg

Last edited:

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
My first Accurascale Locomotive has arrived. First of all, I must complement the packaging, it's very sturdy and has a premium feel to it. The locomotive is brilliant- it's got a great weight to it and the Accurathrash speaker really takes the sound to the next level compared to any other locomotive I own. I've got quite a bit of work to do with it yet in terms of getting the ploughs and parts on but even that looks better thought out than normal. Great work! Excuse the random selection of rolling stock, it looks like a diesel gala got out of hand...

View attachment 138550
The quality of the Accurascale 37s really does make me wish I'd ordered one, though I'm not going to have room for many large locomotives. I'm really looking forward to getting my 31s from Accurascale now... hopefully not much longer to wait!

Peter C

Established Member
My first Accurascale Locomotive has arrived. First of all, I must complement the packaging, it's very sturdy and has a premium feel to it. The locomotive is brilliant- it's got a great weight to it and the Accurathrash speaker really takes the sound to the next level compared to any other locomotive I own. I've got quite a bit of work to do with it yet in terms of getting the nameplates, ploughs and parts on but even that looks better thought out than normal. Great work! Excuse the random selection of rolling stock, it looks like a diesel gala got out of hand...

View attachment 138550
Now that does look amazing! In the model railway scene there's nothing quite liking unboxing a new loco with that premimum feel. Seeing the range of products Accurascale and other high-quality manufacturers are bringing out now is absolutely superb.

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member

View attachment 138550
AS locos have the ability to haul until the couplings break! I don't think anyone has reached their haulage limit. I exceeded 40 coaches and the only issue was front coaches going airborne under tension & couplings pulling out.

To stop them you have to lift them as they push your hand very hard.

Iskra

Established Member
The quality of the Accurascale 37s really does make me wish I'd ordered one, though I'm not going to have room for many large locomotives. I'm really looking forward to getting my 31s from Accurascale now... hopefully not much longer to wait!
I'm sure there's plenty more on the way, and if you keep an eye out I suspect some more will pop up on the website.

Now that does look amazing! In the model railway scene there's nothing quite liking unboxing a new loco with that premimum feel. Seeing the range of products Accurascale and other high-quality manufacturers are bringing out now is absolutely superb.

-Peter
Totally agree! :)
AS locos have the ability to haul until the couplings break! I don't think anyone has reached their haulage limit. I exceeded 40 coaches and the only issue was front coaches going airborne under tension & couplings pulling out.

To stop them you have to lift them as they push your hand very hard.
Haulage power is not really an issue on my layout. Trains don't tend to surpass 5 carriages :D

That’s a perfect looking loco for your line @Iskra!
Thank you!

How do your 22s run? I’ve got a Dapol Hymek from the same era and it makes quite an unpleasant motor noise, however my Dapol Western is really smooth and makes quite a convincing thrumming noise.
I bought a N gauge dapol hymek , dapol 9f and a dapol britannia yesterday just the 9f has remained in my collection other 2 went back.The hymek suffered from excessive noise and stuttering and the brit well it was ok forwards but backwards derailed even on 4th radius curves the tender is too close to the footplate and locks up with the loco yet the 9f is ok both directions even on 2nd radius . Anyway a trip to rails ensured and a swap for a farish 24 and a farish 37 was done rails were brilliant about it and said dapol has quality issues in n gauge especially tender locos.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I bought a N gauge dapol hymek , dapol 9f and a dapol britannia yesterday just the 9f has remained in my collection other 2 went back.The hymek suffered from excessive noise and stuttering and the brit well it was ok forwards but backwards derailed even on 4th radius curves the tender is too close to the footplate and locks up with the loco yet the 9f is ok both directions even on 2nd radius . Anyway a trip to rails ensured and a swap for a farish 24 and a farish 37 was done rails were brilliant about it and said dapol has quality issues in n gauge especially tender locos.

Yes some of the Dapol tender driven stuff is appalling unfortunately. The diesel models are also a bit hit and miss whereas I never seem to have any issues with the Farish models.

I picked up 5 x Blue & Grey Mk2A coaches consisting of 1 x Brake coach with a seating section ( £10 ) and 4 x standard open coaches ( £5 each ), tender drive Gresley Scotsman loco minus tender for £15 & 1 Bachmann suburban coach in an Airfix box for £6 aswell as a Mk2A coach bogie for £2

Overall for £48 all in, not a bad day at all at Hulme Hall in Port Sunlight.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Took a punt on a second-hand three car South West Trains Class 159 from Rails of Sheffield. First British rolling stock I've purchased, and this will run on the microlayout I'm planning to build at university.

It's amazing how a simple white stripe can alter the entire look of a livery. Very classy.

I picked up 5 x Blue & Grey Mk2A coaches consisting of 1 x Brake coach with a seating section ( £10 ) and 4 x standard open coaches ( £5 each ), tender drive Gresley Scotsman loco minus tender for £15 & 1 Bachmann suburban coach in an Airfix box for £6 aswell as a Mk2A coach bogie for £2

Overall for £48 all in, not a bad day at all at Hulme Hall in Port Sunlight.
Sounds like you've picked up some real bargains there! Are the Mk2as in pretty decent condition too?

The coaches are in very good condition, a few little bits of the siover colour around the windows could do with a bit of paint but for the amount that needs doing I'm quite happy with them as they are because it gives a look of well used coaches.

The only thing I do need to do is replace the wheels on the coaches as they are either the old plastic wheels or the later plastic wheels with metal tyres which jump the frog areas on peco turnouts because those wheels cannot be corrected with a back to back gauge.

BrettSy96

Lovely weathered and graffitied Accurascale HYA wagons from The Model Centre :D

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 27