• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What's your latest acquisition?

D1511

Given the comment from the photographer and the condition of the paintwork of that loco and the one to the left (47231, with BR blue showing prominently through shabby RfD livery), I did wonder whether that was a final photo on a scrap run; but no, both survived in service for another three years or so (and 47492 survived out of use at Carnforth until cut for scrap exactly a year ago).

Based on the surmised date, both must instead have been en route to a repaint: 47492 into RES, 47231 into Freightliner grey.

37431 "Bullidae" (pictured below on the right) is the latest addition to my fleet: A resprayed and lightly weathered version of one of Bachmann's initial class 37 releases from twenty years ago, that corrects the pearl white lower bodyside of the as-released model, that was an EWS-era affectation and hence erroneous as the loco's Shell name was removed at the end of April 1993.

The appearance of the class 37s in my fleet is based on how they were around spring 1993, so nameplates but no ploughs is correct for this recent Inverness reallocation. 37404 "Ben Cruachan" on the left, another Bachmann renumber, is correctly ploughed up.
View attachment 151499
Those look superb!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

foggy69

I picked up this lovely old Lima 50 recently, with some Lima and Hornby MK2 coaches.
I had thought about replacing the old Ringfield motor with a CD motor, but after servicing it and fitting a Zimo decoder, it is a runs brilliantly.
I might do some small upgrades to the models, but as long as you don't get to close to them, they look great.

I did have the Accurascale 50 and MK2 coaches on Preorder, so I have saved myself a fortune

Attachments

• PXL_20240201_083154501.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240201_083154501.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20240201_085033848.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240201_085033848.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37

D1511

For anyone interested, Rails are punting OO Dapol 73s at £90 each for all 7 available versions

foggy69

These are from the later batch, with the circuitry sorted out.
The initially released versions had the documented issues, such as "wrong way round" directional lighting.
Sub-£90 is a bargain - and I am using all my willpower, to refrain.....

Although the electrics seem to be sorted out on the latter batches, they didn't solve the problem of bits regularly falling off them ☹️

reddragon

Established Member
These are from the later batch, with the circuitry sorted out.
The initially released versions had the documented issues, such as "wrong way round" directional lighting.
Sub-£90 is a bargain - and I am using all my willpower, to refrain.....
Bugger, ordered

DJ_K666

My latest is an EFE SR Booster. On the way is a class 37 from Accurascale plus my finger slipped multiple times, meaning a 4DD is coming from KR Models. All good stuff.

devon_belle

My latest is an EFE SR Booster. On the way is a class 37 from Accurascale plus my finger slipped multiple times, meaning a 4DD is coming from KR Models. All good stuff.
Nice on the SR Booster. I'm N gauge but in a moment of weakness I genuinely considered getting one. If they had done SR Blue I would have gone through with it for sure.

4COR

I picked up this lovely old Lima 50 recently, with some Lima and Hornby MK2 coaches.
I had thought about replacing the old Ringfield motor with a CD motor, but after servicing it and fitting a Zimo decoder, it is a runs brilliantly.
I might do some small upgrades to the models, but as long as you don't get to close to them, they look great.

I did have the Accurascale 50 and MK2 coaches on Preorder, so I have saved myself a fortune
Nice! I still have 4 Mk2 NSE coaches from when I was a kid (which might age me a bit...) - long term plan to renovate the Class 47 in matching livery, and though a bit out of area and era, marry them up with some blue/grey Mk1/2s in a nice rake.

For anyone interested, Rails are punting OO Dapol 73s at £90 each for all 7 available versions
Thankfully for my wallet, E6002 in green is sold out without DCC/Sound+DCC... :lol: (there's some markup for fitting the DCC chip isn't there? £60 is a lot...)

Last edited:

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Thankfully for my wallet, E6002 in green is sold out without DCC/Sound+DCC... :lol:
Or, snap up a Kernow blue 'un and pop one of these on it... :D

I bagged a £10 E6002 body a few weeks ago - I've yet to see what the paint reject was, it all looks fine to my eyes.
D1511 of.this parish, bagged two other 73 bodies for similar money.

Last edited:

D1511

I bagged a £10 E6002 body a few weeks ago - I've yet to see what the paint reject was, it all looks fine to my eyes.
D1511 of.this parish, bagged two other 73 bodies for similar money.
I can't see much wrong with the so called reject bodies either.....they were allegedly 'paint finish' rejects but mine look perfectly fine!

In other news, these are my last two purchases for a while (apart from a few IC coaches!)
Both sound fitted....the Dapol HST has a Loksound V5 in both cars! And the 90 from Kernow was cheaper than I've seen the non-DCC fitted version available for!
But now I need to chain myself to the workbench!
20240202_193655.jpg
20240131_193924.jpg

Last edited:

DJ_K666

Nope, that's BR Blue. They didn't produce SR Blue, which was an experimental electric loco livery carried by one member. It was the same as the Southern Malachite livery but blue with silver lines.
Ah OK I only looked at that post very briefly. Maybe a limited edition might be in SR blue but they'll likely have done the most well known colours.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
18520604022024.jpg

My last Hattons order finally arrived. Months of trunking in one badly packaged box!

Quite a few really well-priced Japanese models, GUVs and yet more in the Jiffy bags, a Bachmann American streetcar that I just could not resist, a a few accessories and tools, and a Black Five - 45321.

Oh, and an MK Metro bus. I do miss living there.

D1511

View attachment 151674

My last Hattons order finally arrived. Months of trunking in one badly packaged box!

Quite a few really well-priced Japanese models, GUVs and yet more in the Jiffy bags, a Bachmann American streetcar that I just could not resist, a a few accessories and tools, and a Black Five - 45321.

Oh, and an MK Metro bus. I do miss living there.
Wow, that's some haul of goodies you have there! :D
I'm just on the train to MK now as it happens......

D1511

Just received a batch of Zimo 6 pin decoders from Germany today......very cheap and they randomly escaped any customs duties, so they worked out about £23 each!
I got a similarly excellent German deal on some Lenz silver minis, that also escaped import duties, so I don't think they seem to be all that concerned with small packages, despite the declaration papers clearly showing the purchase price both times. Even with the import duties added they'd still cheaper - and that includes the 17 euro postage!

20240216_160420.jpg

It doesn't always work out that fortunately though.....my RocoZ21 (in a much larger package!) had £108 worth of import and VAT applied, which I had to pay before it was delivered to me. However, as I only paid £274 for it, that's still £100 cheaper than I've seen it for sale in the UK even with the duty and 22 euros postage added!

So it's definitely worth browsing your German model shops for any German stuff!

Last edited: