• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When it IS a Good Idea for Passengers to go on to the Track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nonsense

In General Discussion, maybe, the OP asked a question and he's got the answers, which people clearly don't like or respect. That sort of thread would just generate utter drivel from people with over-active imaginations!

I thought this was a general discussion. I didn't see the OP address anyone in particular, nor could I expect a definitive answer to exist for this question.

So what if it did degenerate to drivel? The thread would die once the discussion had run its course.

I would never presume to know when a free discussion should end, only when to stop taking part.

Hydro

Established Member
Live third rail jumping would be a decent sport as well :)

Don't jump, step cleanly over the running rail and conductor rail in one smooth motion, with your feet making ballast to ballast contact. It's more about technique than distance. Figure skating rather than long jump :p

wensley

Established Member
Don't jump, step cleanly over the running rail and conductor rail in one smooth motion, with your feet making ballast to ballast contact. It's more about technique than distance. Figure skating rather than long jump :p

Quite, don't reckon it would get very good ratings for the BBC though :D
Not quite the same excitement of watching a good old third rail jumping contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.