• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When Train Journeys Go Horribly Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
Tonight, 14th October at 8:00pm on Channel 5. Described in TV Guide magazine as “new” although C5 are known to dress up old footage under a new title. Description quoted from the magazine:

A selection of first hand accounts of nightmare trips on the railway, including passengers stuck on a train on the hottest day of the year, leaving them without air conditioning in the 38C heat. Plus the driver whose quick reactions helped save the lives of this passengers when his high speed train hit a lorry on a level crossing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Farigiraf

Channel 5 have a tendency to reuse old footage into shows called '____ Go Horribly Wrong'*. Usually 'reacted to' by minor celebrities, with ad breaks every 10 minutes.
They tend to be quite poor and unenjoyable but it is rail related so there might be some moderately interesting parts.
We'll see...

*Just search 'Channel 5 Go Horribly Wrong' on any search engine and scroll down for a while and you'll see what I mean

Last edited:

AndrewE

Established Member
Channel 5 have a tendency to reuse old footage into shows called '____ Go Horribly Wrong'*. Usually 'reacted to' by minor celebrities, with ad breaks every 10 minutes.
They tend to be quite poor and unenjoyable but it is rail related so there might be some moderately interesting parts.
We'll see...

*Just search 'Channel 5 Go Horribly Wrong' on any search engine and scroll down for a while and you'll see what I mean
Quite correct, I didn't bother watching it all.

Lost property

We'll see...

You missed out the inclusion of "first hand accounts ", invariably featuring those who are seeking their "15mins of fame on the tele " moment and whose experiences tend to be embellishment combined with hyperbolic melodrama...

Most of them come across as being people you wouldn't trust, or rely on, in any form of emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.