• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

When were the last First Great Western Link liveried Turbos repainted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackot

I was thinking back to previous trips I used to make with schoolmates to Portsmouth between 2017-2020, and vividly remember seeing what I now know are 165/166's. I have only been interested in the railways the last year or so, so I didn't have much knowledge at the time. However, I am almost certain these units I used to see were in the First Great Western Link/ Thames Trains livery with a white body, blue window surrounds and green doors with a strange shaped outline. Could they have been in this livery, as I know that franchise was merged with the Greater Western well before then?

Simply put, does anyone know when the last Turbos were repainted out of this livery into either the Dynamic Lines or GWR variant?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

irish_rail

Established Member
Definitely nothing in FGWL or Thames livery by 2017, I think they got done in blue livery around the middle of the first decade of this century. Cant be more specific, but certainly nothing like what your describing in the past 10 years at least.

jackot

Alright, I must have been thinking of something very different then. That would make sense, as I thought they would be out of that livery by now as they were refurbished in the 2010’s

Status
Not open for further replies.