• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where am I?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I will admit that I am in two minds regarding the rotation issue, since strictly speaking, the map extract should have its original alignment preserved. However, there are some extracts (particularly those that have been taken from helicopters etc) that naturally cannot follow this rule of having north up.

I would rather the rules remain fairly simple, and avoid special concessions to particular images, the rotation of extracts will be allowed for posting; after all, some are far too easy normally so the extra perspective should make game play more interesting. The rules at the head of the thread will be amended duly.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Good call on editing rules. There might of been confusion as to what North is afterall, compass North is different to Map North etc.

Pigeon

May I interject that the sample satellite image at the beginning of the thread is Droitwich since noone seems to have mentioned it :)

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Whilst it isn't explicitly mentioned, Peter is right; unless otherwise stated you can treat it as being three days before open floor is called, which should allow you to continue now.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
New Image.
North is topward.
Red tag is station you're after, other station shown is okay though.

Attachments

• WhereIsThis31stMay.jpeg
    WhereIsThis31stMay.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 26

DasLunatic

Here's one I just cooked up:

-Railway line in red
-Station denoted by orange circle

Attachments

• whereami.jpg
    whereami.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 57

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
May I point you to the latter section of the rules:-

You are allowed to block out place names from extracts (providing it is subtle) and rotate images but no other form of doctoring is allowed)
In future, please avoid from drawing additional markings on the map. I understand that it may allow the railway to be identified easier, however you're more likely to cover over potential features that may help destinguish the answer (particularly around the station itself). Thanks.

Buttsy

Established Member
I think it's Eastern Counties (the B road number suggests east of the A1/M1), but difficult to know where it could be as you can't see whether it is single or double track.