• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where do freight trains stop/ go through slowly (in London)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunrise56

I have heard of a few places that I can see them and I know there are other threads asking similar questions but so far I can’t find anywhere they go slow enough for me to see them/take photos (my camera is really bad so all photos I get are blurry, and my eyes aren’t what they used to be, I have trouble seeing the trains when they go by so fast). Does anyone know where they go slow enough to see?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

david737

Try Lewisham, as they will be going about 15/20 MPH through there. Also Hither Green as some stop for crew change there and the same with Clapham Junction. Some of the stations on the West London line can be a good bet especially if the freight is following a passenger train.

rf_ioliver

my camera is really bad so all photos I get are blurry, and my eyes aren’t what they used to be, I have trouble seeing the trains when they go by so fast

What camera are you using? If it is digital then we might be able to help with the settings. If the camera has a shutter speed option (it probably does) then setting this to something like 1/200 sec or faster will help.

Sunrise56

What camera are you using? If it is digital then we might be able to help with the settings. If the camera has a shutter speed option (it probably does) then setting this to something like 1/200 sec or faster will help.
it is just my phone‘s camera, I am not sure if it has those settings but I will try, thanks.

rick pike

Wandsworth Road, Acton Mainline, West Ealing, Gospal Oak and Stratford are my favoured locations when I'm down there

E27007

Wandsworth Road, the freight trains are limited to a modest 20 mph by the loop to the Ludgates

Status
Not open for further replies.