• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldery83

Hi all

I am really interested in following in my grandfathers shoes and becoming a train driver. I have searched (briefly) the internet for trainee roles but with no luck.

Could someone push me in the right direction please?

Thank you
MB

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gemz91

Look at the Becoming a Train Driver thread on here. Search through the forum for other people who've asked the same question in the past.

A part from that, keep an eye on local train operators careers pages on their website for when vacancies come up. Trainee driver roles are quite rare and in high demand, but you could conciser another role on the railways too.

To be fair, there's some really good advice on this page. When I first applied for a trainee role i spend pretty much a whole afternoon trawling through the pages on this forum for advice, alot (but not all) was good.

Lrd

Established Member
London Overground and South West Trains are currently recruiting trainee drivers. And Southeastern were advertising last week.

Keep checking the Train Operating Companies websites.

Vee2017

London Overground and South West Trains are currently recruiting trainee drivers. And Southeastern were advertising last week.

Keep checking the Train Operating Companies websites.

Hi LewisRday I'm new to the site also and would like to join up as a train driver, would it be possible if you post up a link as where to find the jobs advertised, I applied 6months ago for MTR cross rail however was unsuccessful and now looking to other avenues.

Regards

Vee

Status
Not open for further replies.