• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where is this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly 1987, family outing, just no idea where. Sorry about the poor quality photo! Any info gratefully received.

Another one

Attachments

• 20201226_152730.jpg
    20201226_152730.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 106
  • 20201226_152710.jpg
    20201226_152710.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 102
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John Webb

Established Member
Possibly a running track at a local model engineering society? Just if a commercial line I'd expect the loco to be labelled in some way.

Any idea what part of the country this could have been in, if you don't recall the precise location?

Yes, that's possibly what I thought, area of the country I would guess is south Wales or the South West, we never went much further on family holidays. The structures (tunnel, platform, track) do give a sense of perminence, but then again lots can change over 30 years I guess.

6Gman

Established Member
For some reason, doesn't look Model Engineering Club to me. More of a commercial set-up. Loco looks a bit over-sized to the gauge. Gauge 15" ? Loco looks as though it would be suited better to 2' gauge (possibly a military background to the loco?).

One other thought. The fencing looks pretty robust with the overhang on the inside so possibly to keep things in rather than keep things out? Zoo or wildlife park?

Of course, the Industrial Railway Society would probably know. ;)

ajs

Little Western Railway at or near Newquay Zoo? They have a tunnel and a fence from what l can remember.

PeterC

Established Member
I can't remember what the stock was like but Colchester Zoo used to have a minature railway that ran through one of the enclosures. They replaced it with a road train long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.