• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where to buy a nottingham 'day ticket' and is it valid on all train companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ashworth

Established Member
You can certainly buy them from the machines at all tram stops in Nottingham. I think they are now called a Robin Hood Day Ticket. Get it on a paper ticket as the Pay as you Go Smartcard version can’t be used on trains.
The only stations they are valid to travel to and from are Nottingham, Carlton, Netherfield, Beeston and Attenborough. They are not valid for travel to Hucknall even though you can travel on the tram to Hucknall with one. Therefore they will only be valid for travel on EMT and on XC between Nottingham and Beeston.

highspeed990

Oh ok, and other thing, I looked it up and its says an 18 year old can purchase a child ticket. So would an 18 year old be able to use a child robin hood ticket on the east midlands trains although they would consider him an adult?

youngiecj

Would I be able to purchase one from a nottingham ticket desk?

Is it a Kangaroo ticket your referring too? You can buy them from the ticket desk, guards also sell them on the train(best get a ticket before travelling if your start station is Nottingham). Also I believe an adult ticket would have too be purchased for use on East Midlands Trains.

Hope this helps

edwin_m

Veteran Member
The Kangaroo has been superseded by the Robin Hood ticket. If you can't get it at the ticket office at Midland station then there is a tram ticket machine in the main booking hall, opposite the ticket collection machines.

Rather desultory website: www.robinhoodnetwork.co.uk

highspeed990

It says an under 19 can purchase a child ticket, so would an 18 year old ve able to buy a child ticket then use that on a east midlands trains service?

youngiecj

The Kangaroo has been superseded by the Robin Hood ticket. If you can't get it at the ticket office at Midland station then there is a tram ticket machine in the main booking hall, opposite the ticket collection machines.

Rather desultory website: www.robinhoodnetwork.co.uk

Of course its a Robin Hoods these days! Not sure how I could have forgot that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.