• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Where to check what is running on 27/12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to book a relative London-Oxford on the morning of 27th December, but find completely contradictory information as to when services will start up, and to where.

Chiltern's site says they will only be running London-Oxford Parkway, starting with the 0900 from Marylebone. But no trains into Oxford.

GWR say their trains will be starting "after midday".

Yet RealtimeTrains are showing 0505 onwards Paddington-Oxford and 0609 Marylebone-Oxford onwards. And National Rail are offering an 0451 from Marylebone to Oxford (and 0505 from Paddington). GWR merrily booked me a reservation for the 1050 from Paddington.

There seems a complete disconnect between the narrative being provided by TOCs and the data in the journey planners.

Where should people be looking to find out what it actually happening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peterthegreat

Established Member
I am trying to book a relative London-Oxford on the morning of 27th December, but find completely contradictory information as to when services will start up, and to where.

Chiltern's site says they will only be running London-Oxford Parkway, starting with the 0900 from Marylebone. But no trains into Oxford.

GWR say their trains will be starting "after midday".

Yet RealtimeTrains are showing 0505 onwards Paddington-Oxford and 0609 Marylebone-Oxford onwards. And National Rail are offering an 0451 from Marylebone to Oxford (and 0505 from Paddington). GWR merrily booked me a reservation for the 1050 from Paddington.

There seems a complete disconnect between the narrative being provided by TOCs and the data in the journey planners.

Where should people be looking to find out what it actually happening?
Ignore RTT for the moment as online planners have not been updated. Individual TOC websites should be more accurate.

As an outsider, what appalls me is that National Rail and individual TOC websites are setting passengers up for journeys that they know cannot happen.

Whatever the rights or wrongs, if the writing-web-pages part of GWR knows that trains won't start until after midday, then the delivering-suggested-itineraries part of GWR shouldn't be telling passengers that they can travel on trains from 0505.

Veteran Member
As an outsider, what appalls me is that National Rail and individual TOC websites are setting passengers up for journeys that they know cannot happen.

Whatever the rights or wrongs, if the writing-web-pages part of GWR knows that trains won't start until after midday, then the delivering-suggested-itineraries part of GWR shouldn't be telling passengers that they can travel on trains from 0505.
To be fair, NRE has a flag-up against most services - I am surprised the GWR one doesn't, or rather has only been applied up to 0600.

Status
Not open for further replies.