• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wheres Clive? (Miranda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I suppose we could spend our time tearing round the country to watch some fifth rate soccerball team instead.

Horses for courses (and occasionally burgers).

You could. It would be funnier.

5th rate. Pah. We are MUCH worse than that.

I have no problem with gentle humour, although I prefer something with a bit more substance, a bit more intellectual humour or something with a more satirical approach, but I just think Miranda to be one of the least funny things it has been my misfortune to come across.

Like I said, she must have a good agent

Last edited:

Oswyntail

Established Member
....but I just think Miranda to be one of the least funny things it has been my misfortune to come across. ...
Some people find Ricky Gervais funny! Or Norman Wisdom! Or Jimmy Carr! Or Ben Stiller!
Humour is perhaps the part of the entertainment industry that is most subjective. If you find any of the above named at all funny, please accept that I don't and don't try to convert me. :)

tbtc

Veteran Member
One of the reasons that I watch it is because it has an old fashioned sitcom feel. However, I would not be devastated if it wasn't on!

That's basically how I feel about it, which is why I'm baffled to see it arouse such strong reactions (positive and negative).

I've not watched last night's episode, but the others are Mostly Harmless.

Buttsy

Established Member
I've not watched last night's episode, but the others are Mostly Harmless.

She's covering Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy?

I find the show bland and unfunny, but I can appreciate that others will find it funny. Humour is very personal and as far as I am concerned, if you find it funny, then great, but don't expect me to find it funny. I will show you the same courtesy in return. :)

TheJRB

Established Member
If you're a Miranda watcher can someone infirm it was 172001 she was on? Thanks
It was definitely a 172/1. All the 172/0s are with London Overground.

On a related note, I'm not sure I like the idea of riding on a 172 all the way from Marylebone to Wick (if such a service were ever to exist)!

Last edited:

ryan125hst

Established Member
On a related note, I'm not sure I like the idea of riding on a 172 all the way from Marylebone to Wick (is such a service were ever to exist)!

Neither would I. There would be no buffet car and it would be a long time to spend on a DMU. Saying that, it would be no different to travelling on CrossCountry.:lol:

Also, how many toilets do Chiltern's Class 172's have? From what I have seen on You Tube, even London Midland's three coach 172's only have one toilet (a DDA one), which is strange as most turbostars have two.

On a further related note, I wonder why they opted for a 172 rather than a Mark 3 set? Surely that would be more suited to the long run upto Wick? I'm guessing they don't have any spare sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.