• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wherry Lines infrastructure and line speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
Having used these lines a fair bit in the last few months, I have a few questions which may or may not cause some members to roll their eyes in exasperation. :lol:

With the resignalling project ongoing, has any consideration been given to refurbishing or ultimately replacing the swing bridges at Somerleyton and Reedham? I understand any work on the Somerleyton bridge will be incredibly expensive and difficult to plan due to its location.

When the resignalling is complete and the Stadler fleet is in service, are there any plans to increase line speed in places?

Also, there seems to be a speed restriction between Brundall and Cantley which has appeared in the last six months or so. Is this temporary or permanent?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
There where options looked into for the swingbridges in quite detail. All where very expensive & not taken forward at this time. Line speed has been raised at Reedham already & when complete Yarmouth bound down trains will need not slow down at all. Although signalled for 75mph I understand that 60mph will be the maximum speed as know for the foreseeable future.

It's a temporary speed restriction of 30mph Buckenham to Cantleys down distant. Nothing seems to be being done at the moment so could be a while yet.

BS56

There is a mention of the swing bridges in railway magazine this month. Not seen any photos yet of the new track layout at reedham . As for the new signalling being completed on time watch this space !

Henry Johnson

The track layout at Reedham was rationalised to a basic layout, and both of the disused sidings have been taken up, this was done in October. I see they have taken up a large part of the old yard at Lowestoft, and it looks like the remaining sidings leading to the main road (the old docks line) are set to be taken up as well. I took this picture on the fifth. 20190205_090100.jpg

BS56

That's just the start !. A lot more track and point work to come out yet they only need two or three sidings and a run round loop and that's it. I wonder if the spur into the docks will be retained ?

Status
Not open for further replies.