• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which airliners do you wish you could have seen/flown on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PsychoMouse

Even so, it hurried things along.
Good, tbh. They were old, uncomfortable and tatty inside compared to comparable modern aircraft. Achingly pretty mind.

THat being said my best ever flight was on a Virgin 747-400. They had 4 rows of economy upstairs, which I managed to grab a seat in back from JFK one time. Blagged my way into the first class bar (They must've know but weren't fussed) and sat drinking whiskey looking at the Northern Lights

Lost property

On Moderation
As others have suggested I was indeed referring to covid.

The Covid event finished off the 747s for many operators. That was no doubt what the poster meant.
Well that's cleared up that "misunderstanding " then because had Covid been mentioned, it would have clarified the reference from the onset.

" Good, tbh. They were old, uncomfortable and tatty inside compared to comparable modern aircraft."

Unfortunately, you can't blame the type for the interior layout / conditions...only the operator.

For those so infatuated, a visit to EMA will ensure plenty of 747 sightings.

Status
Not open for further replies.