• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which is your favourite freight operator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Mine is the one which I rarely ever see-DRS. In the last year or so, I've only seen their top and tail 37s (clag was unimpressive!), a pair of their 20s (very claggy with a disgruntled driver in the rear facing 20) and two 66s at Barking and Harrow.

Who is your favourite freight operator?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Id say FL, closley followed by GBRf.

Im not best pleased with EWS for various reasons, but i have got access to a few of their depots, so im not compliaing. Still not got into Barton Hill though :cry: . Arghhh! :x

jonb

Established Member
FL probably for me, drivers are friendly and always give a bit of clag! Unfortunately the end is near for the FL 47's 47841 is a permanent shunter at Dagenham and only arrived Tuesday and its already failed.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Crikey...

Favourite freight operator, well that's a tough call. EWS would get it for using 60s, but then FL have 57s and just look better. DRS use 37s and I rarely ever see them, so when I do I WILL run to get a shot of the locos. GBRf, well I'm tempted to say that they get my vote, due to the same rare sighting thing as DRS.

Umm, let's choose...Nope, can't choose one, so here's my ranking:

4) EWS
3) GBRf
1=) DRS
1=) FL

joy54.gen

I'd probably say EWS mainly due to them having a few 37s still going also they were very friendly during my work expeirence application. They also have allowed my into their depots and were very helpful and freindly throughout the visits. I realise they have replaced alot with 66s and 67s but FL seems to nearly all be 66s along with GBRf (although they do also run a few 73s). DRS seem to have the best traction but there internal management I've heard is very bad.

Guinness

Established Member
A poll would be better ;)

Personally its GBRf for me. Can't actually think of a reason why at the moment.....

Julian G

Established Member
GBRF, nice choice of colour, blue
It has cl87s
Cl66s with circular clusters :P
Cl73s
Cl325s

AJP

Defo Drs, reasons- Great variety
I got a tour round Kingmoor (not open Day) 8)
Allright livery

I dont hate any operators because 66 hauled freight is better than no freight :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AJP said:
Defo Drs, reasons- Great variety
I got a tour round Kingmoor (not open Day) 8)
Allright livery

I dont hate any operators because 66 hauled freight is better than no freight :D

Well said. Who knows, if EWS get rid of the 60s, we might see triple-heading on Murcos of 66s...

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
DRS, for the traction they use. ;)

EWS - Not for me, I don't like their constant ridiculous attempts to put totally unsuitable locos on the WHL, that could kill the sleeper. (but let's not open that can of worms again!)

yorkie said:
DRS, for the traction they use. ;)

EWS - Not for me, I don't like their constant ridiculous attempts to put totally unsuitable locos on the WHL, that could kill the sleeper. (but let's not open that can of worms again!)

Well dont bring it up then. You have just possibly opened the can of worms by mentioning it.

southy39

personal chice is GBRf with EWS in same place...
simply because these 2 appear to be making actual practical investment in current services ad inovative new ones...
ie. EWS making investment for line extensions for new contracts (Quinn Glass)

and GBRf for investing in additional hired *&'s and the 73's they hve rebuilt for use etc...

you dont see the others doing same/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.