• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Which TOCs accept the DB Schenker private driver assesment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Just be aware that paying for a private OPC assessment is unlikely to increase your chances of being accepted by a TOC.
You will still be required to apply for active Trainee Driver vacancies, and pass their paper sifts and any (non-OPC) assessments which a TOC may hold, plus the Driver Manager Interview.

Many people on here (me included) would advise you to not pay for the assessments yourself and instead wait to be put through them (for free) by the TOC, when you know you’re already through their sift.

The last thing you would want is for your tests to expire before you had the chance to get past a paper sift, as your results can become invalid within as little as two or three years with some TOCs.

Of course, it is up to you, and passing the assessment here will mean you ‘may’ skip those particular tests with any TOC/FOC you apply for, depending on whether or not you achieved their standard and achieved it within their timeframe.

Good luck scouseyb123.
I agree one would still need to pass the papersift, however, I’d say you’re more likely to pass this stage of the process if you can say you’ve passed the psychometric testing.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nobby664

What is the criteria for sitting the test privately? Do you still have to wait 6 months from your prior assessment or is it 6 months to re-apply to TOC? Does anyone have the link to the relevant page? Thank you.

Established Member
What is the criteria for sitting the test privately? Do you still have to wait 6 months from your prior assessment or is it 6 months to re-apply to TOC? Does anyone have the link to the relevant page? Thank you.
6 months from previous assessment and it counts as one of your 2 lives.

RBSN

For anyone considering applying for a trainee driver role - doesn’t matter which ToC;

Solid application > Assessment pass

No good having passed your assessments (company sponsored or out of your own pocket) if your application is poor.

Seems to be a running theme lately that paying to take the assessments privately will dramatically heighten your chances. It won’t. You need to understand that ToCs have the ability to cherry-pick out of potentially thousands of applicants.

Your whole application from start to finish must be perfect. Having passed your assessment is just a small bonus.

Philip Evans

Hi, I went down the same route as you’re thinking of going, and for me it worked. I passed the tests first time at my own convenience, at a date and time that was suitable for me. After passing the tests the first trainee drivers job that came up I applied for, with pretty much the same application however this time I had a certificate to say that I had passed the psychometric tests. I was put straight through to a final stage interview and landed myself a trainee drivers job.

A good friend also did the same, he had a railway background but once he had achieved a pass on the psychometric tests he went straight to final stage interview on his next application and got himself a trainee drivers job. Also since advising another friend of taking this route he himself has passed the tests and next week has a final stage interview, having previously not been able to get through the application sift. Time will tell if he can land himself a role, but since passing the psychometric tests he has gone from knock back at the sift to final stage interview.

Will it work for you? Who knows, but there are folk on here who are still applying for trainee jobs at the time I was and since then I’ve been fortunate enough to land a trainee drivers job, get passed out and then change TOC’s and get passed out on all new traction and routes.

I would advise you to go for it, give yourself every opportunity you can to try and stand out from other applicants.

Good luck in your future applications mate.
Can you tell us where you done your private test?

Jaydon Jay

Can you tell us where you done your private test?
I did my assessments privately last year through DB Schenker in Doncaster, I felr that’s these assessments helped me a lot when it came do my interview + when sitting the assessments it feels a lot more relaxed. I’m now awaiting a medical and a date.

Philip Evans

I did my assessments privately last year through DB Schenker in Doncaster, I felr that’s these assessments helped me a lot when it came do my interview + when sitting the assessments it feels a lot more relaxed. I’m now awaiting a medical and a date.

Thanks Jordan... did you just ring them up and book in?? Also do you happen to have the contact number or email so I can get in touch with them...

Thanks for your reply..

Jaydon Jay

If you type DB Schenker Private train assessments into google. The training centre in Doncaster will pop up. They have a telephone number that you can call on the site page

toddy109

Ah dam I'll try to see if I have some spare time maybe a lunch break
I have just been unsuccessful at interview for the second time therefore I’m thinking of doing the tests privately. My application and cv and resume seems to be good just can’t crack the DTM interview I’m gutted.

Stigy

Established Member
I have just been unsuccessful at interview for the second time therefore I’m thinking of doing the tests privately. My application and cv and resume seems to be good just can’t crack the DTM interview I’m gutted.
Why do you need to do them privately? I assume you’ve passed previously to be at interview stage?

toddy109

Why do you need to do them privately? I assume you’ve passed previously to be at interview stage?
Because it’s for northern. Passed the sift in application then had a DTM interview which was unsuccessful.

UPS1550

You need to call them mate. There is a number on the site, it really depends how much you want to do the assessments I guess.
Ah dam I'll try to see if I have some spare time maybe a lunch break
Have you got the number please? I just typed DB Schenker Private train assessments into Google but I'm not getting anything come up for it?

UPS1550

FYI I just spoke to the assessment centre and they've not run this course for 12 months! She did add me to a waiting list IF they bring it back but they only do this if there not busy with there priority work, cost £375 last time but would be subject to review if came back :|

feaky4

FYI I just spoke to the assessment centre and they've not run this course for 12 months! She did add me to a waiting list IF they bring it back but they only do this if there not busy with there priority work, cost £375 last time but would be subject to review if came back :|

Sorry for the late reply been trying to keep away from here ha ha that's a pretty good price and worth it hope they do it again they would make alot of money

feaky4

Yeah for northern hull DTM interview first before psychometric testing

Tbh doing it privately wont help much imo for you because they usually just send the application strait to the interview (as iv read on here) but its helped alot of people that cant make the sift

Adilol

Hello

Can anyone advise where and how to book private train driver assessments. Any idea about cost??
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.