• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whistles

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairysdad

London, Surrey... bit of a blur round here...
Quick question.

I was on the Jubilee Line yesterday between London Bridge and Southwark (I know, I know, I could have walked it!) and just missed a train (doors closed as I got onto the platform, grr). The train whistled as it left. Didn't think much of it except that it was a bit odd, as I don't often hear LU trains' whistles (particularly underground) and quite like the fact that they actually are still whistles, even on the new stock. The train I then caught also whistled as it left, and when I got off at Southwark I noticed that it whistled as it left there too.

Now, obviously, I can't base too much on a very small sample of two trains and two adjacent stations, but just wondering why this may have been the case.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jumble

I have often wondered why as a train leaves Rayners lane Westbound it passes a Whistle sign but most drivers do not actually whistle.
Picc drivers seem to comply more than Met ones

Status
Not open for further replies.