• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whitlocks End Destination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that London Midland have now inserted Whitlocks End into there Destination Blinds on the class 150 units, is Whitlocks End the very last destination on the blind, i know Wolverhampton was the last with Birmingham at the very end. When did the Whitlocks End destinations get inserted.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
When they extended the Shirley services out to terminate there. Started when the North Warwicks was re-signalled.

Noticed that London Midland have now inserted Whitlocks End into there Destination Blinds on the class 150 units, is Whitlocks End the very last destination on the blind, i know Wolverhampton was the last with Birmingham at the very end. When did the Whitlocks End destinations get inserted.

I noticed one of the LM yellow text on black background blinds showed 'Whittlock's End' towards the latter last year.

However the ones in the last couple of months that I've seen are now spelt properly!

jd

No idea when it was done - running 3tph through to Whitlocks End has been in the pipeline for years, so it may have been done many years ago pre-emptively if the blinds were perhaps being changed at the time anyway for some other purpose.

The new service started on the 20-something of October IIRC. 25th possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.