• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

who do you trust more?

Who do you trust more

• men

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • women

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • trust both men and women equally

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • trust neither men, nor women

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amateur

On Moderation
who do you trust more?

men or women?

edit: mods feel free to add or edit accordingly, if need be.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Men and women equally. More pertinently, each person on their own individual merits without any consideration as to gender.

I'm honestly baffled as to why someone would trust a man more or less than a woman based purely on their gender?

Strathclyder

Established Member
Men and women equally, with my level of trust for each person based primarily on their own individual merits, gender not coming into it at all.

Basing your trust of a person based purely on their gender is kinda baffling, to me at least.

Last edited:

Abpj17

Men and women equally, with my level of trust for each person based primarily on their own individual merits, gender not coming into it at all.

Basing your trust of a person based purely on their gender is kinda baffling, to me at least.

Ditto. It's just bizarre. Might be more relevant if you said 'trust about what'

...to ask directions when lost?

...to remember family birthdays?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Brilliant.

I trust my other half (she's one of them women type things) more than I've ever trusted anyone - Genetically programmed to be truthful in any situation even if it makes things a little uncomfortable at times. In the end it just makes things more simple.
She's taught me a lot about life, she's the best and I always listen to her opinion before making any important decisions. :)

RichmondCommu

Established Member
I think you should have added pets to your poll / pole.

We have a pet cat and we trust her implicitly to deliver dead rodents to our back door most mornings if she's been out for the night.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

We have a pet cat and we trust her implicitly to deliver dead rodents to our back door most mornings if she's been out for the night.

This is actually a good point. Our old cat used to lay a couple of them out next to each other for us to discover. Many's the time I've stood in mouse guts at 7am. You'd think I'd have learnt to wear slippers..?

Established Member
I trust both genders equally, but I find it takes less time properly trust my female friends before my male friends. My very best friend is female, and I've been able to tell her absolutely anything since we first met just over six years ago. There's a lot of things I feel I can tell her I couldn't tell my closest male friends, perhaps because it's because we're such similar people (both of us have autism spectrum disorder, as well as having similar life experiences we've helped each other with).

TheEdge

Established Member
I trust only a small pile of stones I keep in my garden.

They know where the bodies are buried.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I assume everyone is as trustworthy as me which is why I'm so cynical. You can always tell when I'm lying, my lips move.

Seacook

The final category is a subset of the third - trusting no one is trusting men and women to an equal extent.

As a general rule I trust people I know more than I trust strangers - which sex they are is not a consideration.

J-2739

Established Member

I trust only a small pile of stones I keep in my garden.

They know where the bodies are buried.

Liked!

I can trust my friends in some instances, but mainly, myself.

Barn

Established Member
In my view there are certainly differences between men and women (on a population rather than an individual level) across a number of attributes but in my own experience trustworthiness is not one of them.

KN1

I don't trust any of my family, my wife or my kids.

me123

Established Member
I'd be interested to hear from the (so far) three members who do implicitly trust someone more or less based solely on their gender.

cf111

Established Member
I try to take people as I find them, so if I think someone is untrustworthy then it's because of how they conduct themselves rather than their gender.

The one time I went to the doctor to discuss an issue with my, ahem, family jewels I did ask the receptionist specifically for a male GP but that wasn't a trust issue I just think I'd rather speak to a male doctor about such issues.

me123

Established Member
I find women "fake". Therefore, I trust men more than I do women.

I don't know how to put this, but... are you sure you're meeting real women? If your only experience was with mannequins and inflatable women then I could perhaps understand your thoughts that they are "fake". It would make more sense, and would be much less mysogynistic.

amateur

On Moderation
"A hypocritical, ungenuine person whose words and actions are not reflective of their true feelings or intentions.
Despite the fact that Tom didn't value Mike or view him as a friend, Tom pretended to be Mike's friend because he knew Mike would take him on a nice vacation; by doing this, Tom is being a fake person to Mike.
"

quoted from Urban Dictionary!

source http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fake people

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
We have been through the OP's inability to rationalise the behaviour of others in another thread. I suggest the OP rereads that thread to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.