• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why do long distance XC trains call at Tamworth or Burton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT 390

Established Member
Depends on the service I think. The Southampton/Reading to Newcastle services are busy but normally have seats even with 4 car sets where the Scotland to Plymouth services can be full and standing from Birmingham.
This does seam to be the case as right now I am on a Newcastle to Reading service and all the seats in the coach I am in were taken as far as York but now it has left Doncaster there are plenty of seats available, it was a similar situation when I travelled northbound this morning, I know the weekend services may be quieter then weekday ones so perhaps more services could stop at more stations on weekends if this is the case?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
This does seam to be the case as right now I am on a Newcastle to Reading service and all the seats in the coach I am in were taken as far as York but now it has left Doncaster there are plenty of seats available, it was a similar situation when I travelled northbound this morning, I know the weekend services may be quieter then weekday ones so perhaps more services could stop at more stations on weekends if this is the case?
In the week its similar but obviously park hour trains will be busy. The morning Southampton services can be busy as I have known a few people take these for the cruise ships which leave in the evening.

SoccerHQ

York and Donny races also play a part, plenty alight on racedays from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.