• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why does the first Greater Anglia service of the day call at Seven Kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I’m on the first service from Chelmsford to Liverpool Street and it’s due to call at Seven Kings, I’ve never been on a GA train that stops there, what’s the reason this one does..?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Same reason WGC gets a Horsham bound train stop in the morning, for staff. It is very popular with passengers though, given it's the only train to run fast to London and through to London Bridge, Gatwick Airport etc.

dk1

Veteran Member
Yes as stated above, it’s for crewing purposes. Seven Kings is the nearest station to Ilford depot.

iphone76

The 04:00 from Southend Victoria also calls at Seven Kings. Before the split between GA and TfL, they also called at Gidea Park for the depot there, but now I have to drive in for the first few shifts of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.