• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why is Vauxhall so busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stut

Established Member
Also, why is everyone being so coy about there being gay bars and nightclubs in Vauxhall? It's the 21st century, for goodness sake, I thought people had got over all the hushed tones and euphemisms.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cle

Established Member
Vauxhall is the key Kings Cross - Waterloo connection people complain about. Yes not every train stops there, but plenty do and it's very useful for that.

Quickest way to Putney, Richmond or Barnes from the West End, for example.

Yup, easy interchanges, basically. I used to live in Earlsfield, and used Vauxhall far more than Waterloo. You could be at Oxford Circus in the time it took to fight your way through the Waterloo crowds to the Tube!

The ski-jump bus station at Vauxhall is very useful, too.

Bear in mind that Saturday traffic at Finsbury Park is often heading to the Emirates. Although its usually quiet easy to tell when they are...

Absolutely agree

Vauxhall has always been a busy interchange, more so since the new bus station area was put in - much easier to find and board buses, then the Victoria lin straignt through to Kings Cross/StPancras/Euston. For the Victoria bound, easier than the change at Clapham Junction.

Was travelling into Wateloo last week and a nightmare on arrival made worse with all the stilt work going on to "improve" the station OR should that be retail opportunities?

Used to use Vauxhall all the time when I worked in London and before I moved "down west", all very up market these days with the flats and hotel dead opposite - a long way form the old unused concrete meat store and carpark that run down to Nine Elms and was used as a car chase area for the film version of The sweeney and a few other brit films/ ....

C

Status
Not open for further replies.