• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why would there be rumours of WMR running to Banbury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
From https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...nd-implementation.166065/page-90#post-6368671

there's the rumour of West Midlands railway starting Banbury services
Any more information on this?
That seems a very wild rumour. What possible reason would there be for more services between Leamington Spa and Banbury? There are already three trains most hours, four when the second XC runs, and no intermediate stations.

Happy to be proved wrong but it seems very implausible.

I recognise that WMR have a considerable surplus of class 196 units, but that doesn't mean that spurious services have to be set up to use them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Because there are always rumours of just about everything. Some might have a basis in logic, but others are wishful thinking based on virtually nothing. Must go: there’s a rumour that Elvis has been seen in my local chippie.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Sounds like utter wibble to me, I haven't heard anything. What services are they going to extend? a Dorridge terminator?

Status
Not open for further replies.