• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wide angle converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kestrel

Just purchased a DSW pro 0.7 wide angle converter from Digital King for £69, quite impressed with it too.
I needed something to tide me by until i can afford a 10-20mm Sigma lens, but after using this i might not bother!, it can be attached using the 52mm filter thread on your kit lens(58mm Canon fit available) and converts it into a 12-18mmW/A so quite handy to have, the filter thread on it is 77mm so you can put a polarizer on for those landscape shots

It comes with lens caps and a little leather pouch (no comment!)

www.thedarkroom.co.uk

Anyone else used one of these?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Looks interesting, does it have much effect on the image quality?

I've been looking at the Sigma 10-20mm too. This would be no good for me though, I don't have the kit lens and my 17-55mm lens has a 77mm filter thread :lol:

kestrel

Looks interesting, does it have much effect on the image quality?

I've been looking at the Sigma 10-20mm too. This would be no good for me though, I don't have the kit lens and my 17-55mm lens has a 77mm filter thread :lol:

The image quality is the same (if not a little better) than the standard kit lens, its not a perfect solution but fills a gap til you can get the folding stuff for a decent w/a;)

Demps

From the converters my mate has used (sub terrania) image quality if effected, especially with vignetting.

When i compare it to my canon 10-22 the quality is totaly exposed. Sigma 10-22 also is a bit of a soft lens, well, outer circle area.

lukesewell

Just purchased a DSW pro 0.7 wide angle converter from Digital King for £69, quite impressed with it too.
I needed something to tide me by until i can afford a 10-20mm Sigma lens, but after using this i might not bother!, it can be attached using the 52mm filter thread on your kit lens(58mm Canon fit available) and converts it into a 12-18mmW/A so quite handy to have, the filter thread on it is 77mm so you can put a polarizer on for those landscape shots

It comes with lens caps and a little leather pouch (no comment!)

www.thedarkroom.co.uk

Anyone else used one of these?

Hi

I am thinking about purchasing one of these. form reading around seems like this type of adaptor is usually poor and causes a reduction in image quality. would you recommend it? could you show some before and after photos perhaps

thanks

kestrel

Hi

I am thinking about purchasing one of these. form reading around seems like this type of adaptor is usually poor and causes a reduction in image quality. would you recommend it? could you show some before and after photos perhaps

thanks

All of these were taken with it mostly with the zoom set at 18mm(12mm with the convertor)all have been reduced in size (and prob quality) to upload onto fotopic:http://photos-by-kestrel.fotodock.co.uk/c1508922.html

The focus problem was me leaving it set on 'spot' focus! doh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.