• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wigan Warriors supporters train cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

graham43404

I have just seen on Wigan Warriors fans forum and seen that the supporters special from North Western to Wembley Central has been cancelled due to an incident preparing the train this morning that has left the guard injured.

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=505992&sid=d244484f1c6c7b87968ea1ed60825c77

The club are desperately trying to find alternative transport at the last minute to get the fans there.

* I have just had a phone call from a friend who was going on the train. It seems they have been allowed to travel on Virgin Trains to Euston where something will be waiting for them to take them to Wembley. No word on how they will get back after the cup final though.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Train came up ECS and is patiently waiting for the return at Wembley so they should hopefully be OK for getting back (67015 if anybody interested). I wondered why it came up empty and do hope the injured party is not too badly hurt :(

PS I also hope that the supporters got to Wembley OK, Euston - Watford DC is running but would imagine that the trains would be rather "comfortable".

graham43404

Train came up ECS and is patiently waiting for the return at Wembley so they should hopefully be OK for getting back (67015 if anybody interested). I wondered why it came up empty and do hope the injured party is not too badly hurt :(

PS I also hope that the supporters got to Wembley OK, Euston - Watford DC is running but would imagine that the trains would be rather "comfortable".
Thanks a lot for that, I will text my friend who is at Wembley and wondering how they will get home.

Kingsbury Jn.

Thanks a lot for that, I will text my friend who is at Wembley and wondering how they will get home.

Hi! I was on the 1846 London Midland EUS to CRE service earlier and we passed A 67 pulling black/red virgin coaches around Harrow & Wealdstone, then later by Hemel. Lots of red and white scarves (and happy faces!) so I think they got back fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.