• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will Be Sad To Say Goodbye To East Coast In 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can the free first class lounge pass from rewards be used by another person who was not the person who spent the point.
Let me Google that for you.... http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/east-coast-rewards/rewardsbenefits/first-class-lounges/

Normally only available to East Coast First Class passengers, Rewards members can enjoy First Class treatment.....
The Pass can be used by the named holder for unlimited use at any East Coast First Class Lounge until the date on the front of the Pass.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Goddard

Established Member
They certainly need to retrain the booking office staff at Doncaster.
We went in there during our holiday wanting to make a reservation for later that day only to be told that they close the night before. They would not have it when I insisted that you can reserve up to two hours before departure.
I phoned EC customer services there and then and did not get any further, so phoned another TOC who were more than happy to make the reservation. They even took our name and put it on the reservation card!

When you say a few years ago how many do you actually mean as my understanding is that a "few" is around 6.

As East Coast has only been operating for 3 years then this assault might well have been under one of its predecessors.

Still I agree that you should have gone to the police whoever was in charge.

Can't say much more at the moment but it was East Coast and within the last three years.

Since I don't hide under a pseudonym I'm sure you can appreciate I have to be a bit careful if East Coast read these forums.

If you are here East Coast, your customer interactions are bloody awful and you are more interested in protecting your own then in protecting the safety of your customers.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
They certainly need to retrain the booking office staff at Doncaster.
We went in there during our holiday wanting to make a reservation for later that day only to be told that they close the night before. They would not have it when I insisted that you can reserve up to two hours before departure.
I phoned EC customer services there and then and did not get any further, so phoned another TOC who were more than happy to make the reservation. They even took our name and put it on the reservation card!

I've had something similar at Doncaster (and strangely at Nottingham). The guy told me 'he wouldn't take the responsibility of selling me the ticket' and advised me to use a machine instead. I just wanted a direct ticket to bloody Lincoln!

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Can't say much more at the moment but it was East Coast and within the last three years.

Since I don't hide under a pseudonym I'm sure you can appreciate I have to be a bit careful if East Coast read these forums.

More than a little unfair to criticise East Coast for a "staff member assaulting you" when you decline to give further details and East Coast aren't here to defend themselves.

If you were assaulted, contact the police, not a customer services team. The matter will then be dealt with expediently with someone who has proper powers of investigation, including that of arrest.

Wolfie

Established Member
Rick1984. Can you explain why you wanted compensation for a dirty handrail? No offence to you personally, but I'm sick of hearing of people finding fault (or trying to) with anything just to get compensation. If you get dirty hands, wash them. If your clothes get dirty (off a handrail?) either change or be more careful. I think a lot of this 'blame culture' is only to stop people thinking and looking out for themselves. Tripped over a paving slab? Don't sue the council - open your bl**dy eyes!

my bold

My patially sighted father had his bl**dy eyes open when he tripped over a poorly maintained slab and bashed up his face! One rather hoped that the paralympics might have sensitised some of the big-mouths and bigots but no, they still rant on.....

Incidentally, he did NOT cliam compensation, instead figuring that somehow it was his fault - he was of that generation. Ths Councillors who decimated road and pavement maintenance while doubling their own allowances doubtless applauded his gesture....

tbtc

Veteran Member
Ths Councillors who decimated road and pavement maintenance while doubling their own allowances doubtless applauded his gesture....

...yet some councils are spending more for "where there's a blame there's a claim" court cases than they are actually spending on maintaining those very roads and pavements...

WillPS

Established Member
I'd love it if a political party took a look at East Coast and used it as a model to re-nationalise the railways, franchise by franchise.

there's more to running a TOC than grub as far as I'm concerned, but I seem to be in the minority!
I hear the bacon sarnies on Wrexham and Shropshire were fantastic ;)

Lets face no TOC I think will be able to live up to the quality set now unless someone new comes on the market which is sad. Maybe it should remain in public hands. I see the new operator scrapping the first class free meals and buffet service.

It seems like long way off but it will go quick.

wouldn't have thought so, they used to call that tactic "a spack to catch a mackeral" lol

David Dunning

I'll refer you to my latest farce in trying to deal with them while trying to book assistance / reasonable adjustment on a 1st class ticket for a disabled passenger.

This is jumping in part way through but you can get the jist of what's happening and why I have a beef with their customer service department (they don't do the twitter feed).

http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1174076#post1174076

I take your point on that issue :cry:

Nym

Established Member
I take your point on that issue :cry:

In the end the passenger (my partner) has been put off travelling with EX and says he'll stick with GC now where possible, since he can get to Pelaw easilly enough, Sunderland is just as easy as Newcastle Central.
I'm considering contacting GC's customer service dept to see what they're like.

Skimble19

Established Member
my bold

My patially sighted father had his bl**dy eyes open when he tripped over a poorly maintained slab and bashed up his face! One rather hoped that the paralympics might have sensitised some of the big-mouths and bigots but no, they still rant on.....

Incidentally, he did NOT cliam compensation, instead figuring that somehow it was his fault - he was of that generation. Ths Councillors who decimated road and pavement maintenance while doubling their own allowances doubtless applauded his gesture....

Because taking yet more of their money as "compensation" would help to keep those slabs maintained, wouldn't it? ;) <D

Whilst I disagree with footpaths not being maintained, I don't think taking precious resources from already stretched budgets (despite the high wages of those at the top!) helps at all..

mralexn

Its a shame they couldnt have put the mallard interiors through a deep clean though, some sets are starting to look a bit grubby inside.

I agree with you there, The HST's in First Class are starting to look a bit grubby, with the fabric on the seats becoming very worn indeed.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Same for me, but I can't do much with 150! :P

Well I am sure with that 150 points, you could get a "Steak" in the new franchise.. :P

(I'll get my coat)

HST Power

Established Member
But the six new free first class tickets and the six month lounge pass were in our accounts today (if you were previously in the scheme).

I've been in the scheme since it was setup, but I haven't got anything? Are they giving out free tickets?

I agree with you there, The HST's in First Class are starting to look a bit grubby, with the fabric on the seats becoming very worn indeed.

I noticed this as well. Some of the seats I saw when travelling to Newcastle had gone green at the bottom.

Well I am sure with that 150 points, you could get a "Steak" in the new franchise.. :P

(I'll get my coat)

That's terrible! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.