• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will my visit to the Cumbrian Coast on Saturday be affected by Friday's broken down train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnkleBoots

Cumbrian Coast has a broken down train today. Will it be solved by tomorrow as I want to travel on it?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

70014IronDuke

Established Member
Cumbrian Coast has a broken down train today. Will it be solved by tomorrow as I want to travel on it?

Thank you

Looking at RTT, there appear to have been four trains cancelled today, with two diagrams involved, one of which was a Cl 37 hauled set. (or should be). Almost certainly fixed overnight and running tomorrow - but I guess you can never be 100% certain. The 37s appear to have been performing fairly well since an awful period in August, when it seemed they were going down on a daily basis.

70014IronDuke

Established Member
No 37s tomorrow (planned) due to pre-planned engineering work.

So when there is engineering work between Carlisle and Workington (?) they don't diagram the 37s? Thanks, I hadn't realised that. Important for the OP, I presume.

AnkleBoots

So when there is engineering work between Carlisle and Workington (?) they don't diagram the 37s? Thanks, I hadn't realised that. Important for the OP, I presume.
Yes useful, I didn't know that was the case.

In addition, the 14:07 from Preston to Barrow turned up as a Transpennine train but showed as Northern on the Northern app - was my Northern ticket valid on it?

Kite159

Veteran Member
Yes useful, I didn't know that was the case.

In addition, the 14:07 from Preston turned up as a Transpennine train but showed as Northern on the Northern app - was my Northern ticket valid on it?

It's a Northern service which makes use of hired in 185s. Just be thankful it wasn't a deluxe Merseytravel 142

Status
Not open for further replies.