• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wilmslow - Loughborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosherB

Established Member
I wish to make this return journey next month to visit GCR, and the National Rail site routes me via Stockport and Sheffield.

I'd like to go via Crewe and Derby, simply becuase I've never travelled that route before.

Would my ticket be valid either route? If not, how can I buy one for my preferred route?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Yes the ticket is valid via Crewe or Stockport to Stoke and then to Derby.
You just need the normal any permitted ticket.

However if you are just going for the day instead of spending £30-80 on a SAV from Wilmslow - Loughborough buy a SDR (anytime day return) from Wilmslow to Tutbury & Hatton for £13.90 and another SDR from Tutbury & Hatton to LOughborough for £11.70 saving you £5.20

Peter

ashworth

Established Member
Yes the ticket is valid via Crewe or Stockport to Stoke and then to Derby.
You just need the normal any permitted ticket.

However if you are just going for the day instead of spending £30-80 on a SAV from Wilmslow - Loughborough buy a SDR (anytime day return) from Wilmslow to Tutbury & Hatton for £13.90 and another SDR from Tutbury & Hatton to LOughborough for £11.70 saving you £5.20

Peter

You can save even more if you are travelling off peak and split at Crewe and Long Eaton. Just make sure that your Derby to Loughborough train stops at Long Eaton which one train each hour does.
Wilmslow-Crewe £7.90 (CDR)
Crewe-Long Eaton £8.80 (Off Peak DR)
Eaton-Loughborough £5 (ADR)
Total of £21.70 which will save you £9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.