• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Windermere - Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

smudge.efc

Evening guys. Just wondering if you could lend a bit of help, or more simply, whether I'm reading this right. All the info is in the screen shots below, but surely the price can't be right? Guessing the Virgin train is the only one i'd actually be booked on, but it all seems remarkably cheap? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-03 at 20.19.39.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-03 at 20.19.39.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen shot 2011-03-03 at 20.20.03.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-03 at 20.20.03.png
    60 KB · Views: 20
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yep seems all right, just had a look at NFM08 and that shows a Virgin +connections ticket a £3.95 (with a railcard discount). You've actually missed out on the lowest band of advance fares as there were ones at £2.95!

smudge.efc

Yep seems all right, just had a look at NFM08 and that shows a Virgin +connections ticket a £3.95 (with a railcard discount). You've actually missed out on the lowest band of advance fares as there were ones at £2.95!

Thanks for checking, much appreciated. Strange thing was, it originally showed up as £12.35 so clicked on earlier trains, nothing took my fancy, so went back to later trains to book the 8pm option at £4.95, but the 7pm option changed to £3.95. Still happens now if you try it, strange one. I have the email confirmation showing £3.95, so i'm happy. Took the hit with the £1 booking fee though.

WestCoast

Established Member
Took the hit with the £1 booking fee though.

Book through London Midland next time - no booking fee! And you'll get the same fares as on virgintrains.com.

strange6

Established Member
Thanks for checking, much appreciated. Strange thing was, it originally showed up as £12.35 so clicked on earlier trains, nothing took my fancy, so went back to later trains to book the 8pm option at £4.95, but the 7pm option changed to £3.95. Still happens now if you try it, strange one. I have the email confirmation showing £3.95, so i'm happy. Took the hit with the £1 booking fee though.

Now that's cracking value for money

Status
Not open for further replies.